Author Topic: Generic Coastal Gunboat (15mm or 1/100thish scale)  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
Generic Coastal Gunboat (15mm or 1/100thish scale)
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Something I did about four or five years ago, as an exercise in reclaiming a shattered 1/125th scale Lindberg BLUE DEVIL destroyer (like this link I didn't want to spend a huge amount of time on it and I hadn't been modeling in awhile.

So, the inspiration came from this WWI type

Yup, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay simple

Crude, even

It's supposed to be sorta-kinda a coastal gunboat, 1904-1939.

Another potential donor for this type of kitbash, frequently comes up cheap.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Generic Coastal Gunboat (15mm or 1/100thish scale)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
Link didn't work. :o

However, if you've still got this build, I'd revisit it & polish her up a bit because she looks sweet! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »
However, if you've still got this build, I'd revisit it & polish her up a bit because she looks sweet! 8)

Nope, it's out the door and on someone else's shelf, but more to the point it's a Wargaming piece and as such, meant to be handled more than most of the builds posted here.

Plus, my intent was to encourage others share their works even if they're not museum quality.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »

Nope, it's out the door and on someone else's shelf, but more to the point it's a Wargaming piece and as such, meant to be handled more than most of the builds posted here.

Plus, my intent was to encourage others share their works even if they're not museum quality.

No prob's with that at all! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."