Author Topic: You want Stalinetz tractors? I has them!  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: You want Stalinetz tractors? I has them!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
Wow is that a fantastic model, Frank!

Your weathering is simply masterful!

I like what you said about the paint seeming to be the only thing holding them together. My dad had a '68 Plymouth like that.

A most excellent Stalinetz indeed and it will make the General Secretary proud!

Brian da Basher

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 08:39:55 AM »
Nicely done, Frank! :smiley: :smiley:

Cobbled together from bits of different variants to keep her running on the kolkhoz & painted yellow to hide the blending of pieces (& the worst of the rust). ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Online Frank3k

• Excession
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My webpage
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
Thanks guys. My vague backstory was that a country like Kyrgyzstan obtained the license to build tractors based on the Stalinetz S-100 (which was a design stolen copied from Caterpillar), for internal use as well as export (the foreign currency would help with their crippling lack of vowels). Maybe instead of Stalinetz it would be Kyrgyztractor or Slavtractor Company.

I clearly didn't weather my tractor enough:

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »
Due to their crippling vowel (& "c") shortage, wouldn't that be Kyrgyztraktyr? ???
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:10:12 AM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 10:52:14 PM »
Thanks guys. My vague backstory was that a country like Kyrgyzstan obtained the license to build tractors based on the Stalinetz S-100 (which was a design stolen copied from Caterpillar), for internal use as well as export (the foreign currency would help with their crippling lack of vowels). Maybe instead of Stalinetz it would be Kyrgyztractor or Slavtractor Company.

Peoples Republic of Elbonia.