Author Topic: New builds part 2 T-90A and TOS-1A 1/72nd scale  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
New builds part 2 T-90A and TOS-1A 1/72nd scale
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:30:32 AM »
These 2 kits were very nice to build and I can recommend them to anyone thinking of buying some Russian armour. They re the Model collect kits, with the diecast hulls.

Cheers,
Chris.
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: New builds part 2 T-90A and TOS-1A 1/72nd scale
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »
The amount of small detail now available in 1:72nd scale is starting to rival the larger 1:35th scale kits.  Nice work. 

What is the very long camouflaged cylinder shape on the side of the TOS?  Fuel tank or recovery aid?
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Diavel

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »
The amount of small detail now available in 1:72nd scale is starting to rival the larger 1:35th scale kits.  Nice work. 

What is the very long camouflaged cylinder shape on the side of the TOS?  Fuel tank or recovery aid?
Hello Jeffry, I am not certain as to what the cylinder is, but I saw this attached to the real vehicle in many of the pictures I had seen of the vehicle. The kit doesn't have this, so I made it from some plastic tube, and stuck it on. I am thinking perhaps it could be a cleaning kit for the rocket tubes?
Cheers,
Chris.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »
Chris - great job on these two and on the Wiesels. The camo patterns and weathering on these two make them look a lot bigger than 1/72.
Did the T-90 kit tracks come as solid plastic units (track and wheels) like most 1/72 kits or separate rubber tracks and plastic wheels?

Offline Diavel

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 08:37:25 AM »
Chris - great job on these two and on the Wiesels. The camo patterns and weathering on these two make them look a lot bigger than 1/72.
Did the T-90 kit tracks come as solid plastic units (track and wheels) like most 1/72 kits or separate rubber tracks and plastic wheels?
Hya Frank, and thanks for the comments. The tracks on the T-90 and TOS-1a are rubber, and the wheels are separate, but still very easy to put together, as I suffer with individual track pieces. The Weisels have molded as one track and wheels though. I can recommend the model collect kits, they build very nice.
Chris.