Current and Finished Projects > Stories

Unit GAL of the Line

(1/6) > >>

Silver Fox:
Time to start a new story...

I am roused to consciousness by my sensors detecting a hyperspace emergence. I calculate that it has been 271.987 years since I reduced myself to standby status after the last signal was received from the colony on the world below. I have no way to determine if the human colony failed, felled by some enemy I am not equipped to combat. The information is not comforting. I am Unit GAL-228 of the Line. I should be able to defend my human charges from any enemy, but I know that humans are comparatively frail. They are subject to disease, attack at the microscopic level. No BOLO can battle such a foe. It is possible that there are survivors on the planet though, any number of reason could have caused them to have lost, or abandoned, technology.

I have insufficient information on the new arrival in this star system. It is possible that this is a scout from another surviving human world, it is also possible that this is a scout from either the old enemy, or a new one.

For now I wait. If they newcomers are friends they will be welcomed, and know that the Dinochrome Brigade still guards this human outpost.

If it is a foe, they will discover that the Dinochrome Brigade GUARDS this planet.

For now I wait and monitor my passive instruments.

Alvis 3.1:
Bolos rock! Waiting for the next section eagerly!

Alvis 3.1

elmayerle:
Looking forward to the next installment.  BOLOs are definitely one of Keith Laumer's most enduring creations (mind you, I also quite enjoy his "Retief" stories).

apophenia:
Looking forward to this!  :)

--- Quote from: elmayerle on January 15, 2015, 01:04:31 PM ---Looking forward to the next installment.  BOLOs are definitely one of Keith Laumer's most enduring creations (mind you, I also quite enjoy his "Retief" stories).

--- End quote ---

Yeah but some of them look seriously underarmed  ;D

Silver Fox:
Yes, some of the BOLO Marks are a little under equipped. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version