Author Topic: Logistics Things  (Read 5431 times)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Logistics Things
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:50:31 AM »
I suppose this topic could be further divided and posted to each of the categories in this sub-forum but I felt that keeping everything in one discussion might better tie things in as logistics things go it depends on wings, wheels, trains, and ships to move cargo, fuel, munitions, and other supplies to where they are needed.  So here we go.  If this fails, then the creation of independent topics within the Air, Ground, and Sea subject areas can be done next but with that comes less integration and when it comes to logistics everyone is involved in one way or another. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Logistics Things
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:57:35 AM »
I found an interesting article on the history of the Rota-Trailer that I wanted to share:

Canadian manufacture of the Rota-trailer (Roger V Lucy, 20130916)

It also appears that AFV Club will be including a very nice looking 1:35th scale Rota-Trailer with their new Matilda Mk.III kit that is going to be available soon according to Terry Ashley at PMMS.  I am hoping that AFV Club will also offer this as a separate kit.  I would like to imagine a Rota-Trailer supply train with a half-dozen of those little trailers getting towed behind a truck or tracked vehicle. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:48:35 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
I am hoping Pegasus releases their new tool Triceratops soon because I want to put a pair in a yolk and have them pull a double trailer in early Swift markings.  ;)
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 03:33:24 AM »
I want to put a pair in a yolk

I hope you meant "yoke" and not "yolk"…cause the latter is going to get messy ;D
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »
 ;D ;D

Yoke it is!   The yolk is on me!
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline GaryP

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »
I'd keep the wing variable in incidence rather than locking it down, but that's me wanting to give pilots as many options as possible.