Author Topic: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.1)  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.1)
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
OK, Jeff (Fontaine) suggested I should put pic's of my old stuff here on BtS.

Now, I was pretty sure I had but some searching of the site revealed that, nope, I'd only put 2 old builds up here (which I'll re-do in short format).

Nothing predates 2009 because I don't have any pic's. So, unless FAAMAN has some that are of decent quality that he can scan & post, there wont be any.

(Note: All of my builds are intended to be displayed as dioramas - except the B-P/W Defender but I've only completed 2, so far.)

So, let's start with my 1st build back into modelling: A Rage Virus Survivors dio.

Build album slideshow link: http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/slideshow/PAPPRVSS

:)

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Old Wombat's Old Stuff (Pt.1)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:34 AM »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:01:30 AM »
Nice!  Its that scene right before they go wide eyed and someone yells, 'Light 'em up!!!"  8)
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 03:14:23 AM »
Very nice!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 03:40:33 AM »
Guy, thanks for linking your previous work to the forum.  I always enjoyed this little vignette as it has a post-apocalypse look to it.  All that is missing are some zombies :) 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 04:00:12 AM »
Thanks, guys!

Jeff, that's probably because it is a post-apocalyptic dio.

Set loosely in the "28 Days Later"/"28 Weeks Later" universe, I occasionally call it "28 Months Later" (Buzzbomb has also used this title for a similarly themed build - & one of his builds inspired me to do this).

In a world ravaged by the Rage virus groups of survivors, called Scroungers, dig through the remnants of civilisation looking for supplies of food & materiel. Faced with isolated outbreaks of the Rage virus & roaming bands of marauders & bandits Scroungers are always well armed. This diorama shows a Scrounger reconnaissance patrol which has come upon the entrance to an old warehouse complex, where there are ample signs of a past tragedy. Still, the need for supplies demands that they investigate the site more closely.

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."