Author Topic: Merkava ADA "Apollo's Chariot"  (Read 6139 times)

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
Re: Merkava ADA "Apollo's Chariot"
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Any chance that the IDF might follow the German Army lead and add Stinger MANPAD's to their Apollo’s Chariot?
The Merkava unique front-engine layout - which affords it an excellent rear fighting/storage compartment means that your 'Apollo’s Chariot' would be able to carry a substantial amount of reserve ammo for both the 35mm cannons and Singer reloads!!
Could the IDF go one further and adopt some of the Soviet practices (and appreciation of some of their equipment) and perhaps add an additional 2 x 35mm cannon - as the Soviet's did with their excellent 2S6 Tunguska (aka 4 x 30mm cannons) ;)

M.A.D   

Offline Mark Aldrich

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
The main reason is because they probably do not precieve any immediate air threat from their neighbors.
Cry Havoc...and let slip the Dogs Of War!

TreadHead is NOT an ugly word!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »
The main reason is because they probably do not precieve any immediate air threat from their neighbors.

Agreed.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Mark Aldrich

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 05:44:47 AM »
Graeme Davidson did a GREAT conversion in his Osprey M113 modelling book.  It is called the SIDAM 25.......That woudl look cool on it as well.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sidam&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.eWU&biw=1600&bih=719&wrapid=tlif135768141966010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=GZPsUM6AOYHI9QT6jYGIAg
Cry Havoc...and let slip the Dogs Of War!

TreadHead is NOT an ugly word!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:51 AM »
Graeme Davidson did a GREAT conversion in his Osprey M113 modelling book.  It is called the SIDAM 25.......That woudl look cool on it as well.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sidam&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.eWU&biw=1600&bih=719&wrapid=tlif135768141966010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=GZPsUM6AOYHI9QT6jYGIAg

Agreed.  An Italian company called Historica Production did produce a SIDAM 25 conversion.  Unfortunately they went out of production.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 06:35:55 PM »
Nicely done! I've done the exact same thing myself, but yours has come out a lot better from the paint shop than mine, haha.