Author Topic: Urban cam for built-up areas  (Read 4627 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:40:12 PM by raafif »

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Urban cam for urban / built-up areas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
Urban camo.  Thatz a new one for me.  I like it  :)
Many possibilities.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
Croatian tankers used house paint to cam-up their improvised armour -- despite what all the "experts" say on various forums, troops are still encouraged to use whatever is available from mud to stolen paint etc.

Swedish Tankers have been trained to use hides that look like ordinary peaceful things like fake bus-stops to disguise their vehicles in ambush.

Nth Korea has developed several hides for use by tanks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:40:31 PM by raafif »

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
Re: Urban cam for built-up areas
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »
In Israel, many captured tanks were cleaned up & parked in playgrounds for children to climb over and in the former USSR & Balkans there are many tanks sitting on concrete plinths as monuments -- it would be a nasty shock to have an "old" tank painted in bright colours suddenly move & fire at you !!

Captain Birdseye of G2 only gives out fresh intell. .....
        my M-577 command vehicle disguised as a refrigerated delivery-truck in the infamous "Peas, Carrot & Corn" cam.

Offline Jeremak

• Couch mastermind
  • One-person Alternate History Liberation Front
    • My DA: profiles respository, and more...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
I've made a profile of Patria AMV in urban camouflage, working more for distraction, and breaking shape of vehicle, than blending it in landscape:

Just add some nets and garrbage.

Offline AGRA

• Took the opportunity to tease us with a RAAF F-82
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
despite what all the "experts" say on various forums, troops are still encouraged to use whatever is available from mud to stolen paint etc.

By 'encouraged' you mean 'bored into'... The vital ingredient other than dirt and water for any mud cam application is a lot of spare time in the field with nothing better to do!

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
Croatian tankers used house paint to cam-up their improvised armour -- despite what all the "experts" say on various forums, troops are still encouraged to use whatever is available from mud to stolen paint etc. <...>

Mud I can see, but scrounged paint? Wouldn't that mess up the IR-reflecting properties of the vehicle's paint (?  You'd maybe improve camouflage to the naked eye, but most probably paint a big "we're here" sign to anyone with an old cheapo IR sight. That's assuming your vehicle is painted with such paints, of course, but I reckon that's the standard in most professional armies by now.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »
Raafif
Thanks for the link. I love that short barreled E-10 with the battering ram in the front.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.