Author Topic: Academy Plastic Model Company Ltd.  (Read 11059 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Academy Plastic Model Company Ltd.
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2018, 02:03:16 AM »
I suspect this uses the same AMTech molds.

It does.

Not Tamiya.  ;D ;D

I know - I meant it was a repop of an existing kit, not specifically a Tamiya one.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2018, 01:14:02 AM »

For those of you who have not heard Academy has re released the 1/48th TA-183 and yes it's the old Amtech kit. You can get one in from Korea for $21.00 and $10.00 to ship. Now how many of us feel stupid for paying over $50.00 for one?
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2018, 02:18:56 AM »
Actually gazumped you (as per above posts) but did it in a devious way by posting in the wrong thread... :-\
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2018, 05:08:49 AM »
Got my example yesterday and it is well molded with a variety of markings options included (includes one supposedly evaluated by the Soviets).  However, someone at Academy really didn't do their research as I doubt an aircraft with a "black tulip" nose and a heart as a personal marking was flown by Adolf Galland; I could, though, believe it was flown by Erich Hartmann.

Offline BigH827

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 05:57:48 AM »
Glad to see it back in production.
Bought three when it came out, 20 years or so ago. It was a shame the company went under, as they were working on a night fighter version, and a couple of long body Ju-88's in 1/72 scale in the works. Got two of the Mistletoe 88's.
As I understand it, both owners had heart attacks, and that was the end of Amtec. Tamiya rented the Ta-183 molds, and that was the last time this mold was used.
We are the Borg. Your species will adapt to.....Squarel!

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My webpage
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »
large scale RC modelers have tried to make the Ta183 design fly and the only way it's stable is with wing fences... so it would work in Russian makings. Here's my 1/72 PM kit in Argentinian markings

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 01:24:04 AM »
Glad to see it back in production.
Bought three when it came out, 20 years or so ago. It was a shame the company went under, as they were working on a night fighter version, and a couple of long body Ju-88's in 1/72 scale in the works. Got two of the Mistletoe 88's.
As I understand it, both owners had heart attacks, and that was the end of Amtec. Tamiya rented the Ta-183 molds, and that was the last time this mold was used.

Harley! Welcome aboard! I had thought the same, but  I understand the Ju 88 'Fuhrungmaschin' ( think I spelled it right ) was released, but it must have been in fairly small numbers - I never saw one.