Author Topic: Stretch-limo '56 T-bird, in HO (1/87) Scale  (Read 3322 times)

Offline sequoiaranger

• Gone but not forgotten. He already has a team of angels working up his bench in the sky!
  • Holding Pattern
  • E Pluribus Unum (modeling style)
Stretch-limo '56 T-bird, in HO (1/87) Scale
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
I'm surprised that some car nut with some REAL 1956 T-birds (or replicas) hasn't come up with a stretch version. "Irregardless", here is my chauffer-driven '56 T-bird convertible, suitable for a cruise from Bel-air to the beaches of Santa Monica, or a fashion foray from Rodeo Drive to Palm Springs. The compartment next to the driver's cupola is a beverage cooler. I mangled three little T-birds (least-mangled one in back for size comparison) and scratch-built/puttyfu-ed the result:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:16:38 AM by sequoiaranger »
My mind is like a compost heap--fertile AND rotten!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: Stretch-limo '56 T-bird, in HO (1/87) Scale
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »
Given that there are stretch-limo Corvettes, this isn't too far out.  Be interesting to see someone do that with a "789" conversion of a late-model Corvete:
http://www.n2amotors.com/vehicles.aspx?VehicleID=2

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Stretch-limo '56 T-bird, in HO (1/87) Scale
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
in my area ... back in 2004 I think ....... a guy modified a 2nd-model Corvette (the classic one with 4 headlights) into  a modern version with all the modern touches but retaining all the classic styling.  Only ever saw it on a local tv car show that was never repeated.

Rather what Mazda did with the MX-5 -- a modern MGB.  Pity they never did a hard-top hatch version like the MGB-GT :(

So many possibilities with 50's / 60's classics, I too am surprised that more isn't done.

Always liked the Impala rear-end so that 789 does look nice :icon_music:

Nice job on your T-bird Limo, sequoiaranger :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:33:37 AM by raafif »