Author Topic: Logan's Profiles - SdKfz 231 Halbkettenfahrzeug  (Read 172868 times)

Online Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
Re: Logan's Profiles - Marseille's He 100 in plastic
« Reply #795 on: July 18, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »
Quite enjoy Forgotten Guns, particularly because it leaves out the gung ho BS of some other channels.

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #796 on: July 18, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »
In that case, check out C&Rsenal.

Cheers,

Logan

Online Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #797 on: July 18, 2017, 10:51:17 PM »
Thanks will do.

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Re: Logan's Profiles - SdKfz 231 Halbkettenfahrzeug
« Reply #798 on: April 11, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
I know I haven't been around much, lately, but I recently stumbled across this image on DeviantArt and I thought the idea of an SdKfz 231 halftrack conversion was inspired. The problem was the track system used on the concept, though. It's a Citroën-Kégresse style rubber band track system with a Timken suspension, as used on the American T9E1 halftrack truck converted by Marmon-Herrington. Better choices would have been something like the German halftrack suspensions used on the SdKfz 250 or Maultier.

So, I decided to make a couple of better-looking and more practical alternatives using some images from Tanks Encyclopedia as a starting basis. Normally I'm working with original high-resolution images from line art and am not used to just modifying existing images this way. This is really more up Apophenia's alley. As such, I decided to blatantly rip his presentation style since I was in a thoroughly derivative mode already. Anyway, hopefully you guys enjoy what I cobbled together tonight.

Cheers,

Logan