Author Topic: Scottish Aviation Enquiry - Chickadeecals  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Chickadee

• More of a nerd than I care to admit
    • Karen McAllister
Scottish Aviation Enquiry - Chickadeecals
« on: October 04, 2018, 01:46:17 AM »
Hi Folks,

I am currently working on decals for Scottish Aviation for the following:  Dakota, Liberator, Pioneer, Twin Pioneer, Constellation, Walrus, Percival Proctor, Kamov KA-26, and Islander.

I am trying to work out whether to produce one A4 sheet which encompasses all of them or to split the sheet into a decal sheet for each individual aircraft.  I'd be interested in your views on this and also to identify if there are some aircraft you're interested in modelling more than others. 

I'd really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you in advance,

Karen

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Scottish Aviation Enquiry - Chickadeecals
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:29:13 AM »
That's wonderful of you to ask!

I think your decision might be based on scale.

If it's 1/144 then I think you can do just one sheet.

If 1/72 you might need more.

One thought is to split these a little by type. Maybe put the Proctor, Pioneer & Kamov on one sheet, the Dak, twin Pioneer, Walrus and Islander on another and then the Liberator and Connie on another.

Please keep in mind, I don't know much about these liveries. How large and complex your decals are will also drive your decision making.

Thanks again for asking. I think this speaks very highly of your customer focus.

Brian da Basher

Offline Chickadee

• More of a nerd than I care to admit
    • Karen McAllister
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:03:09 PM »
That's wonderful of you to ask!

I think your decision might be based on scale.

If it's 1/144 then I think you can do just one sheet.

If 1/72 you might need more.

One thought is to split these a little by type. Maybe put the Proctor, Pioneer & Kamov on one sheet, the Dak, twin Pioneer, Walrus and Islander on another and then the Liberator and Connie on another.

Please keep in mind, I don't know much about these liveries. How large and complex your decals are will also drive your decision making.

Thanks again for asking. I think this speaks very highly of your customer focus.

Brian da Basher

Thanks Brian, for your advice and your encouragement.

I'm new at this and I want to create something that works for the modellers using them both in use and cost. 

I get the feeling that people have a scale that they're happy working with so I'm guessing that it may not be of benefit to have different scales for one aircraft on one sheet? Would that be correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Karen

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »
I would say that is correct.  I most certainly prefer one scale to a sheet both for my preferred scale and because it makes filing the sheets and keeping track of them easier.

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »
I agree with Elmayerle, best to keep the scales on separate sheets and also with Brian your market research is to be commended.

I wish you every success

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............