Author Topic: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun  (Read 30402 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2019, 11:58:50 PM »
Finally started decaling the minigunner. I used the Cross Delta multicam decals and the same process as I did with the MARPAT. This one still took as long as the first one. I hope with more experience Iwill be able to do the others a little quicker. I still have the helmet, arms and collar to decal.

The two side by side for camo comparison.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »
Decaled the helmet, collar and lower rear part of the ammo backpack vest. I still have to paint the vest and pouches and touch up some of the khaki that rubbed off. I also still have to decal the arms.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
Decals are done on the minigunner. The arms alone took me another two hours. Total time to decal one figure entirely was roughly eight hours.

I added the NVG and radio antenna. All left to do is wash/weather it, flat coat it and add the ammo feed belt.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2019, 07:33:53 AM »
Looks good! One think I did (to save time) was apply the decal over everything, including belts, kneepads, etc. and then cutting the decal along the belt/equipment seams and either pulling it off or scraping it off once it dried.

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2019, 03:20:39 PM »
Looking good. 

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »
BANDAI! :icon_ninja:

Ah, the mighty E.F.G.F. M61A5 Main Battle Tank! Those figures should go well with it. :smiley:

I got that Bandai M61A5 on sale at Amazon USA over Christmas time. They had them for $60 each right around the last week of December. I cashed in my credit card rewards points and got an Amazon gift card and used that to get the Bandai kit.

Besides the figures, I will be adding a Live Resin Secutor weapons system to the top of the turret. It will sit where the TC hatch is located so there won't be a TC hatch anymore. There is a rear crew access similar to the ones on the Merkava so the crew can enter/exit from there.

Here is the Secutor in place. I will take some other photos later today of the Secutor in place with the figures.

So... progress on this tank?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2020, 05:06:38 AM »
This certainly looks promising! 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2020, 07:43:47 PM »

So... progress on this tank?
[/quote]

No more progress on the Bandai 1/35 M61A5. That is where I left off and haven't worked it in a very long time. I don't know when I will be getting back to it.

I have been working on a few 1/35 figures. I converted some WW2 figures into post apoc. They had the winter clothing already and made it easy for me to add the gas masks. I added some modern Russian weapons. I used German WW2 camo because I liked the camo pattern. They are just fictional post apoc so nothing accurate. They scrounged up whatever they could find from surplus stores or museums or anywhere else they could find anything useful. I am still working on them. They still need some touching up then weathering and then a flat coat.

I am also converting some 1/35 Russian soldier figures into post apoc as well. I think these figures were originally representing late Afghanistan or Georgian conflict. Either way, I added the gas masks on these as well to make them for a post apoc setting. I changed out the arms for different poses. I will also change the weapons. I haven't gotten much done on these. I am still working on the doing the camo on the pants. The camo will be more modern this time. Again, these are post apoc so just having fun converting them.

Offline Story

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2020, 09:28:48 PM »
Nice. Where'd you source those gas masks?

Also, gonna need some STALKER-esque build music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruwKsSSm0Lc

Offline Ramba

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2020, 10:16:42 PM »
Nice. Where'd you source those gas masks?

Also, gonna need some STALKER-esque build music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruwKsSSm0Lc

I used Live Resin LRE-35269 1/35 PMG-2 Russian gas masks. I drilled out the faces from the resin figures then trimmed the gas masks to fit. I still need to add the air hose for the gas masks.

I am using some 1mm O.D. conduit for the air hoses. The conduit crimps very easily so needs extreme care handling it.

Here it is on another post apoc figure I did last year.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:24:31 PM by Ramba »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2020, 11:32:24 PM »
Loving these post-apocalyptic figures, mate! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2020, 07:47:57 PM »
Loving these post-apocalyptic figures, mate! 8)

Thanks! Still slowly but surely working on them. I need to get some flat finish but have to wait to order it once quarantine is over.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2020, 01:18:27 AM »
The figures all have that Stalker - Arma Day-Z Mod/Day-Z Stand Alone - Escape From Tarkov look and feel to them. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2020, 03:24:40 AM »
XM556 suitcase-sized minigun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGueKkjQlk

Why would anyone realistically require that?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2020, 04:24:43 AM »
Going by the first few seconds of the video, it's for fishing.  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »
Possible solution for your Cane Toads, Rabbits, and Emu infestation? 

Offline Story

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2020, 09:46:44 PM »

SOCOM wants what it wants.

It was meant to stand in place of anywhere high suppressive fire wanted without the weight or footprint of the larger M134 electrically driven Gatling gun system.

http://www.emptyshell.us/xm556-microgun

Offline Story

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2020, 05:35:16 AM »
Considering the overall look this may be of general interest and inspiration, tangentially or directly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAixCfVtfE

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2020, 07:07:21 AM »

I'm sure I saw a fat man in body armour with one of those out front of a guvmint building in Michigan?

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2020, 12:07:06 AM »