Author Topic: PantherG´s creations  (Read 435851 times)

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
Re: PantherG´s creations
« Reply #1700 on: October 22, 2023, 07:39:14 PM »
Well, I have read that there was a connection between the Re-2000 and the Seversky P-35, in that Seversky sold data, and possibly drawings, for the P-35 to Reggiane . . .

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline PantherG

• I´m only poor mad doodler/modeller....
« Reply #1701 on: October 23, 2023, 02:11:09 AM »
Umm... thats a new information for me.
Many thanks...  ;)
Ask me what you want, I do what I want I'll answer....

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #1702 on: October 23, 2023, 03:12:04 AM »
Well, I have read that there was a connection between the Re-2000 and the Seversky P-35, in that Seversky sold data, and possibly drawings, for the P-35 to Reggiane . . .

I don't believe there was any formal connection and certainly not sharing of data/drawings.  Rather, I believe it was simply inspired by.  The fact that the designer, Roberto Longhi, had spent time working in the USA might have added to this.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #1703 on: October 23, 2023, 04:03:30 AM »
...  Rather, I believe it was simply inspired by.  The fact that the designer, Roberto Longhi, had spent time working in the USA might have added to this.

Roberto Longhi always denied a direct connection with Seversky. However Longhi admitted that, sometime during their 1937-38 US visit, he and Antonio Alessio (Reggiane's DDG or vicedirettore generale) visited Farmingdale to tour the Seversky Aircraft plant. Longhi returned to Italy with an invitation from Alessio to design an new all-metal fighter for Reggiane.

Within 2 months of arriving back in Italy, Longhi had sketched out the basic Re.2000. So, Longhi was either a very fast worker or Alexander de Seversky had been up to his usual tricks? You choose  ;)

Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #1704 on: October 23, 2023, 05:11:17 AM »
Here's a linky to what I read. For what it's worth, it's a post on Britmodeller . . .

"There is definitely a link between these two aircraft.... Reggiane, as part of the Caproni group, investigated purchasing the production license for either the P-35 or the P-36- Seversky was very keen on closing a deal and he worked very hard to push his aircraft. In the end Reggiane didn't buy any license and rumours were that someone sold the project or at least part of the technology to Reggiane. However Reggiane employees after the war mentioned payments sent to Republic (that in the meantime had acquired Seversky) so it is very likely that no license was given for political reason but all the information needed to build the aircraft was sold from Seversky, although somehow kept hidden for the same political reasons."

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235101562-brothers-from-other-mothers-dual-build-seversky-p-35-reggiane-2000-172-scale/&do=findComment&comment=4238948

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .