Author Topic: TiddlyWiki - a web page based notebook  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
TiddlyWiki - a web page based notebook
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:10:46 AM »
We all have different ways of organizing projects - not just models. For models, I usually collect images and text and drop them into a folder or bookmark pages. It works most of the time, but web pages can disappear or I can forget that I even saved them.

There are software options like OneNote (Microsoft has a free version) which works well, but the files and bookmarks are tied to the program - and Microsoft - unless you export them.

I recently tried TiddlyWiki and it's a simple, browser based note collector/organizer. What's nice is that you really don't need a third party program or even a network connection to use the collected files. Saving from the browser isn't obvious (you have to follow their instructions) but it generates a single HTML file for each project that only needs a browser to read; if you add images, they're included in the file rather than scattered all over the web.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: TiddlyWiki - a web page based notebook
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 03:29:56 AM »
Cheers Frank  :smiley:

TiddlyWiki looks really handy ... especially, as you say, for a folder full of refs for a specific project.  When I thinki of the number of times I've uncovered a hidden nest of forgotten no-longer-needed - but invariably gargantuan-sized - ref images  :o

It strikes me too that TiddlyWiki would be a great way of temporarily collecting all of those intensely annoying Google WebP images that are now proliferating like outback bunnies  :P

Also, I just really like the name TiddlyWiki, so I'm typing out TiddlyWiki again  ;)
You better stock up on water, canned goods off the shelves
And loot some for the old folks who can't loot for themselves
The doorbell's ringing, could be the elves
But it's probably the werewolf, it's quarter to twelve
And when it's midnight, ... the wolf bites

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Re: TiddlyWiki - a web page based notebook
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 05:31:08 AM »
It would be a good way to collect all your drawings on one page (or several, but just one file)