Author Topic: Which green (and white) do the US Border patrol use on their vehicles?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline SebastianP

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
I noticed while researching the color scheme for the US Coast Guard that the US Border Patrol also uses a similar scheme, but with a green stripe rather than the orange and blue of the USCG. Why was I researching the USCG color scheme? Because this:

I'm not saying I'll put the Border Patrol scheme on a warship (but I totally will...), but I'd kind of like to know what colors they do use so I can put them on other stuff, like helicopters (the USBP would probably *love* some kitted out Blackhawks for example)...

Offline Adriaticus

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Which green (and white) do the US Border patrol use on their vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 06:42:46 AM »
I was a riverine operator in the US Navy about a dozen years ago, and used to interact with the Customs & Border Protection (CBP) riverine guys from time to time. Back then, they used a green Coast Guard-type slash on their hulls like this:

Source: US Customs & Border Protection website

That seems to have changed sometime after 2014 to a wide blue, narrow red stripe:

Source: US Customs & Border Protection official photo via Wikimedia.org

Source: US Customs & Border Protection Info sheet: "Interceptor Class All-Weather 33-Foot SAFE Boat"

V/r
Jim
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:35:25 PM by Adriaticus »