Author Topic: Imperial Japanese military plan for striking into the South Pacific in 1946??  (Read 5362 times)

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
I’ve just finished listening to a presentation on YouTube titled – World War II Myths, Misconceptions and Surprises where historians Gerhard Weinberg, William Hitchcock and Mark Stoler discuss popular perceptions of the war and recent research that challenges many of them. They present new insights into the personalities and events of that time.

In this presentation, it’s mentioned that the Imperial Japanese military was originally intending to strike into the South Pacific - including invading the Philippines, in 1946, capitalising on the Tydings McDuffie Act (enacted March 24, 1934), where the United States was to give the Philippines their independence in 1944, and have withdrawn militarily from Philippine bases by 1946, and I assume in doing so, not needing to declare war on USA in doing so.
Frankly, I’ve never heard of any Imperial Japanese war plans pertaining to a time frame of 1946!

Does anyone have any info on these Japan's 1946 war plans please?

M.A.D

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Is this instead of the real world 1941 attacks?  In other words, similar to the original German plan for war in ~1943?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
Is this instead of the real world 1941 attacks?  In other words, similar to the original German plan for war in ~1943?

As I said Greg, I’ve never heard of any Imperial Japanese war plans pertaining to a time frame of 1946, so I would assume so mate!
I've been hitting the web to find more, but sadly to no avail!

M.A.D