Author Topic: 48th scale fighter plane retractable landing gear ?  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
48th scale fighter plane retractable landing gear ?
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:25:53 AM »
Not picky on source, just need a matching set mostly complete that I can graft onto a small pre-war single seater.

Trade, pay, whatever - CONUS only.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: 48th scale fighter plane retractable landing gear ?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Are you looking for landing gear that fit within the wing or the fuselage? 

Some of the early Grumman aircraft (such as the Wildcat) had the main landing gear attached to the fuselage which retracted inside of the fuselage just below and behind the engine.  Your other options are what you find on the rest of the tail draggers with main gear folding up into the wing. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:20:07 PM »
I'm not feeling constrained with appropriateness in what I build these days. Retractable Grumman style gear would be over-the-technology line for this build, but I'm ok with that. Otherwise, standard fixed gear (with pants) would do the job.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:51:04 AM »
You still in search of landing gear bits for your 1:48th scale project?
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg