Author Topic: The Destroyer.  (Read 10739 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
The Destroyer.
« on: December 24, 2015, 04:01:54 AM »
A 1/48 kit that is a mix of Hobby Boss,and Tamiya.  Not sure if I will swap the 90 out for a 105 howitzer.  No photo etch will be used. I am also thinking of taking the stowage boxes off,and using different ones.   Paint may be a panzer gray base,and white camo.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: The Destroyer.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 04:14:21 AM »
Looking good Chad!  One of the best what-if ideas ever by combining the M10/M36 hull with a tank turret. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 04:18:11 AM »
Looking good Chad!  One of the best what-if ideas ever by combining the M10/M36 hull with a tank turret.

Thanks Jeffry. I just like the angles of the hull front and sides on the M10 and M36.  It may have been a better hull choice for the M4 series if it would have had thicker armor.

This one will be a zombie slayer basically.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:38:49 AM »
Sorry for no progress pix until now. Been pretty busy with life. The front bogie sits a bit too high.

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:54 AM »
Coming along  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:22 PM »
Coming along  :)
Thanks. I am hoping to get paint on today.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 05:31:50 AM »
I decided to use Tamiya XF 74 as a base coat.  In a few days,I will spray on some floor wax,wait a couple days,then add some white camo.

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:59 AM »
Looking forward to the white camo  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 02:53:53 AM »
A remarkable combination of parts for sure.  The one thing that I notice as being slightly odd are the stowage bins along the side of the hull as they stand out due to the perpendicular angles that are contrary to the hull.  Otherwise, this is just wicked. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 03:27:19 AM »
Creative engineering.  Is working.  Effective change of character and handy use of the styrene.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Thanks everyone. I will have to do more of this hull type for future Sherman tanks. ;D

Running behind schedule,as work and the weather have put me a bit behind.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 08:27:32 AM »
I was finally able to get the white on today. Work issues have kept me behind. I tried to airbrush the white on earlier. But my Iwata was being a pain. :-\ I brushed the white on. Later,I dipped a brush in Tamiya thinner,and scrubbed some of it off.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »
Looking good  :)
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »

Thanks Jeffry. I just like the angles of the hull front and sides on the M10 and M36.  It may have been a better hull choice for the M4 series if it would have had thicker armor.

This one will be a zombie slayer basically.

And a fine zombie slayer it is!
Follow it around with a fire truck to hose off the zombie juice!

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 12:03:47 PM »
Thanks you two.  Clear matte coat on tomorrow,and brush on some dark earth pigments,

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 03:01:50 AM »
Finished.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:50 AM »
Well done.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:53:44 AM »
Well done.
Thanks Greg . I am going to see if I can upload two more pictures from my iPhone.  I am having problems posting from my laptop

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »
Love this model! But it gives other idea: what if opening a standard turret to convert a standard tank in a tank destroyer?

Opening a M-47 or M-41 turret.  ??? 8)

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
Love this model! But it gives other idea: what if opening a standard turret to convert a standard tank in a tank destroyer?

Opening a M-47 or M-41 turret.  ??? 8)

Thank you kindly. :)