Author Topic: RMA - 07 Dreu Sniper  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
RMA - 07 Dreu Sniper
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:42:25 AM »
This is a Bandai kit from the 1980's. I finished it a few weeks ago. Its intended as a reconnaissance suit ( which is probably obvious ).
Its between four and five inches ( 10 -12.5 cm ) tall, and in 1/144 scale. I modified it slightly from the kit. The large drum structures with the extra thrusters are from an accessory set for another robot series. The gun is scratched up from some evergreen rectangular tube and a beam gun from yet another robot kit. The lenses ( which were solid styrene bits in the kit ) were replaced with a combination of MV lenses, actual lenses from a disposable film camera, and some porthole windows from somewhere.
Hope you dig it, colleagues.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: RMA - 07 Dreu Sniper
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:57:20 AM »
Great work.  Don't see many robot builds outside of SSM so thank you for sharing your work.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »
Craig - It's good to see a subdued color giant robot! The gun is the best part; it's kinda Steampunk.

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:42:59 AM »
@Jeffry - Thanks. I've been on a minor mecha kick of late, mainly finishing some builds that slid to the side. Look for more in the
nearish future.

@Frank - Much appreciated! I keep building long rifles for some reason...