Author Topic: What a Lovely Day (Mad Max Falcon)  (Read 3502 times)

Offline bluesman

• Last of the Real Live Bluesmen
    • Magnum Creative Group
What a Lovely Day (Mad Max Falcon)
« on: May 09, 2015, 07:12:44 AM »

With Mad Max Fury Road opening next week, I worked on my Falcon a wee bit. To begin the weathering I sanded the black paint down to primer  and on the high spots. More weathering was done with powders, chalks, and cinnamon. I didnt want to totally trash out the car, but after watching Road Warrior and look at my references from the film, my weathering looks almost subtle compared to the movie car. So I will keep adding to it.

Online Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: What a Lovely Day (Mad Max Falcon)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:30:39 AM »
Hi, Justin!

Max is good & the XB+ is looking great! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Great start to an iconic car!
In regards to the weathering - subtlety is better than over done and what you've done so far looks real enough.
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model

Offline bluesman

• Magnum Creative Group
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 11:17:56 PM »
Thanks guys. After looking at the film and pausing it quite a bit and collecting stills, the Falcon of RW looks like most of the weathering is sun bleached faded paint and alot of red Australian dust and dirt on it, with a little rust and some dings here and there but not a total junked out heap. So thats the look I am going for. Of course the trick is not to over do it with any weathering.

The nice thing about the Falcon XB is even in its dusty modified condition, it still looks mean and fast. I hated to see it get blown up, but I am looking forward to seeing it run across the desert again in Fury Road.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:57:50 AM »
That looks Ace so far

Justin,
A bit of a thread hijack, but did you get the pix I sent you,  of the yellow MFP Falcon that can be sourced now

Offline bluesman

• Magnum Creative Group
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:10:27 PM »
Brian I dont think I got the pics, but those are nice. I also see the Night Riders Holden Pursuit Special there..cool. My fascination with these cars goes back to 1980 when cinemax was running Mad Max non stop. I thought the Yellow falcons were cool, but then when we saw the black one I thought that was the coolest, baddest car I ever saw. Still do.

I'd like to see a kit of the black XB from the original Mad Max with out the mods and the extra tanks and such.

I spent a couple hours working on the suspension and underbelly of the car last night. Il get pics up soon.

Offline bluesman

• Magnum Creative Group
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:08 PM »

A little update, got the supercharger added. Its actually a duller silver than in the pic. Also got the chasis and interior built and will get those up soon.