Author Topic: Tankenstein  (Read 17241 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Re: Tankenstein
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 06:38:27 AM »
Way to go!  Great build.  :)
Thanks Claymore. ;D
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 04:46:16 AM »
Nice promotion there, Zod!

Love the cool character on the searchlight!

Brian da Basher

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
Nice promotion there, Zod!

Love the cool character on the searchlight!

Brian da Basher
Thanks Brian. :) Hopefully in a day or two,I can upload more pix.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
I like it! :)

I would have liked to see a little bit of a shade difference on the mantlet cover (a bit of khaki, perhaps) with a (khaki) undercoat exposed by chipping & cracking of the paint on the cover. Basically just exposing the canvas used which often absorbs the paint & then flakes it off quite quickly.

But that's just me being picky & asserting my tastes, so it doesn't really count (certainly not as a criticism).

Cheers!

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
I like it! :)

I would have liked to see a little bit of a shade difference on the mantlet cover (a bit of khaki, perhaps) with a (khaki) undercoat exposed by chipping & cracking of the paint on the cover. Basically just exposing the canvas used which often absorbs the paint & then flakes it off quite quickly.

But that's just me being picky & asserting my tastes, so it doesn't really count (certainly not as a criticism).

Cheers!

Guy
Thanks Guy. :) If I thought I could do some scratching good,I would have done it. At times,I really hate the weathering process.

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:30:20 AM »
Does this look better with the blue background?

Or white?

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 07:12:19 AM »
I like the white. It seems to add to the look.

Your work never ceases to impress me, Zod!

Brian da Basher