Author Topic: Litvyak's profiles  (Read 130402 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Litvyak's profiles
« Reply #425 on: December 24, 2021, 01:20:57 AM »
You really need a floatplane version in this mix... ;)

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #426 on: December 24, 2021, 01:23:08 AM »
From that angle in flight you can really see the familiar lines of the DHC Otter and Twin Otter. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2021, 06:14:17 AM »
You really need a floatplane version in this mix... ;)

For sure! Hmmm ... One of the Alberni Airways pair on floats for the Port Alberni Harbour Quay to Ucluelet run? Maybe in an August 1975 centennial livery?

I got pulled down the https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org rabbit-hole yet again!

Browsing BE English, I was intrigued to see that "Yod-dropping is present in all BC dialects". Does that suggest more immigration from East Anglia and environs than in OTL? Or is it just a rationalization? (There is certainly lots of yod/yod-dropping inconsistency in OTL BC usage.)

For those curious (see what I did there?), yod-dropping refers to losing the small 'y' sound inserted between consonents and vowels.

BTW: Yod-dropping is distinct from YOD-dropping which means never having to go back to CFB Cold Lake ever again  ;)
The doorbell's ringing, could be the elves
But it's probably the werewolf ...

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #428 on: January 01, 2022, 02:02:51 PM »
hey Litvyak,
The Doves are nice, can you include the D.H. 114 Heron in this set of profiles ?

I may get my hands on one in the next 12 months ....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:05:19 AM by raafif »