Author Topic: Finnish Maavoimat Patriot missile launcher enta jos build ...  (Read 3136 times)

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
following John Lacey's Finnish Patriot system artwork i picked up the Minitanks 1/87 model of the MAN 8x8 launcher unit to build in the standard Finnish Maavoimat 'splinter' scheme

... as with so many what if ideas, truth is often stranger than fiction, in the case of Finnish patriot missiles, there was  the news item at the end of 2011 about an impounded shipment of missiles from Germany (Israeli origin?) en route to Korea (via China??) they let the vessel go but (so far ??) have kept the 69 Patriot missiles and launch boxes which were palleted in containers

As a 'what if' scenario, how about a 'back door' way of Finland receiving the system as part of the US. 'missile shield' project currently being rolled out across the former eastern Europe? There's no way the majority of the populace or the Parliament would ever approve such a purchase in current economic climes, and to 'join' the US. endevor openly no matter what 'offsets' were offered, would be seen as yet one more step toward full 'official' NATO. Membership! (as well as really pissing off the neighbouring Russians ! hmm maybe they would do it after all, haha !)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16292244

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2011/12/22/germany-impounded-patriot-missiles-were-legitimate-shipment/

cheers, Joe
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:41:11 PM by tsrjoe »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Finnish Maavoimat Patriot missile launcher enta jos build ...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:00 AM »
Nice work...good scenario too

Real world hat on ( briefly):  I think the shipment has actually made it to Sth Korea.  I recall reading this a while back.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.