Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Aero-space / Re: Frog Tempest saved from ignominy
« Last post by The Rat on January 20, 2022, 12:12:30 PM »
Work all done with the hairy stick, decaling begun. Future under placement areas, flat coat will be brushed when they're all on. To test the decal quality I experimented with one of the tiny serial numbers first; Dissolve-O-Rama! So after a couple of coats of decal film I dared try again; success.

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
Profiles and Pixels / Re: Profile Requests
« Last post by robunos on January 20, 2022, 06:36:08 AM »
Thanks Robin !

forgot about that old site, I used to use it a lot.
Why is it the Russians have better organised info on our aircraft than we do ?

Knowledge is power, Tovarich !!      ;D

cheers,
Robin.
Profiles and Pixels / Re: Profile Requests
« Last post by raafif on January 20, 2022, 04:50:42 AM »
Thanks Robin !

forgot about that old site, I used to use it a lot.
Why is it the Russians have better organised info on our aircraft than we do ?
Take it one step further and mate some R3350s to t he Lincoln?
Group and Themed Builds / Re: 2022/3 Group Build Poll
« Last post by Kerick on January 20, 2022, 03:12:07 AM »
In light of the suggestion of "accommodation" above, I recommend that the following two group builds be combined as they are similar in scope and theme:

Trashcanistan GB - 7 (3.7%)
Desperation GB - 3 (1.6%)

I can go with this, no problem.
What was really interesting was his follow up suggestion, that after 100 two stage Merlin Lancasters were built, production should switch to a higher powered version using a license manufactured version of the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp.  Now just imagine that a late war RAAF Lancaster III with three or four twin .50" cal turrets and four massive Double Wasp radials, that would be an interesting wiff build.

I have read a bit on this as well.  The plan was definitely for the DAP Lancasters/Lincolns to be R-2800 powered.  It is very tempting to model one.

Interestingly, there were also pushes from the USAAF for Australia to produce the P-47 using the same engine. A RAAF P-47 in P-51 scheme would also be interesting.

And right now I have four R-2800 resin nacelles/engines winging it's way over to here to do just that. I've been contemplating what the nacelles would have looked like, I'm leaning towards nacelles like what Tudors had ---- 
Aero-space / SM55X flying wing, yellow : primary seaplanes
« Last post by ericr on January 20, 2022, 02:27:20 AM »

I thereby disassembled the twin hull, sorry about that, but the result has some surprise in it nonetheless ?

100th Anniversary of the RAAF GB / Re: Curtis P40 RAAF
« Last post by Robomog on January 20, 2022, 01:53:01 AM »
Ha ha ha

So on with the virtual whiff.................

I not usually one to over detail a 1/72 scale cockpit especially a small fighter as very little can be seen once the canopy is on,  however it should have something in there so I have found a suitable seat and fashioned a basic control panel. I have also constructed a baffle in the front fuselage.

by Robomog, on Flickr

The fuselage has been closed and the additions don't look to bad....

by Robomog, on Flickr

by Robomog, on Flickr

Currently trying the wings for size and I have noticed something pretty important is missing.

by Robomog, on Flickr

Yep, I does not have any wheel wells...........what!

I have three choices,

1. Model it wheels up
2. Model it wheels down and use a decal to represent the wheel well
3. Ditto but bite bullet and cut out the wheel wells

Hmm........... the wing fit is pretty appalling too.

I've got a very bad feeling about this one  ::)...................

Thanks for looking......

Mog
>^-.-^<

What was really interesting was his follow up suggestion, that after 100 two stage Merlin Lancasters were built, production should switch to a higher powered version using a license manufactured version of the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp.  Now just imagine that a late war RAAF Lancaster III with three or four twin .50" cal turrets and four massive Double Wasp radials, that would be an interesting wiff build.

I have read a bit on this as well.  The plan was definitely for the DAP Lancasters/Lincolns to be R-2800 powered.  It is very tempting to model one.

Interestingly, there were also pushes from the USAAF for Australia to produce the P-47 using the same engine. A RAAF P-47 in P-51 scheme would also be interesting.
Group and Themed Builds / Re: 2022/3 Group Build Poll
« Last post by GTX_Admin on January 20, 2022, 01:30:31 AM »
Only days to go folks... >:(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]