Current and Finished Projects > Stories

The BAC (BAe) TSR.2 Eagle in RAAF Service.

<< < (2/2)

Spellbinder99:
Thanks guys, I spent a fair amount of time when I wrote it to try to make it sound feasible. I currently work at ARDU and have done for the last seven years so I hope to one day do that orange and white scheme GTX, or the F-111 version adapted with grey/green uppers and white lowers.

Cheers

Tony

Volkodav:
Very plausible.

I imagine in the real world Australian orders for the TSR2 and CVA01 would have saved both projects as well as beefing up the ADF.  The TSR2 in particular would have been an interesting option as I wonder if it would have suffered the delays and cost over runs experienced with the F-111 and local production, as in your story, would likely have been on the cards. 

I have speculated at the opportunity cost of the F-111 to the ADF, it was a good aircraft but it was very late and cost much more than expected, it was also very expensive to maintain and eventually became an orphan for the last decade of its life.  I have thought of the Vigilante, or Corsair as alternatives, even Vulcan or Victor but never the TSR2, reading you piece the TSR2 really seems to fit the bill.

upnorth:
I quite like that story.  :)

KiwiZac:
Ah yes, I remember this well! The inspiration for my own RNZAF Eagle story!

M.A.D:
 My apologies Spellbinder99, but I have just come across your story, after all this time  :-[

Very interesting how you've kept the Australian affiliation with Britain.
I particularly like the adherence to the importance of 'home-grown' manufacturing content of the TRS.2 Eagle.

Can I ask, when you're talking about
--- Quote ---The development of an indigenous supersonic trainer was well in hand
--- End quote ---
, are you alluding to the CA-31 or something different?

M.A.D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version