Author Topic: Malignant Mustelids  (Read 17102 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Malignant Mustelids
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
Boy, that sounds familiar... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
The worst part is that the story of the Malignant Mustelids may have been told... but Canada's Persian Excursion II offers a setting for other stories that are attractive to tell. Who knows if I'll end up telling those as well?
Interesting logistical question for you GTX Admin... how do you post 6200+ words? :)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »
how do you post 6200+ words? :)

In a single post?  I generally try not to - better to break it up into individual chapters.  Makes for easier reading and posting. 

If you do want it to be able to be read/posted as a single item though, you could always post a synopsis/summary/intro and then attach as either a word doc or PDF or similar.  That however relies on people downloading it.

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
Pretty much what I figured, :)

Funny, 3 of the parts I just sat in front of the laptop and wrote. No 'creative process' just raw typing.

As a personal observation for those who have never done it, it's more akin to recalling memory than creating a story. It's weird, I can see the strain working on Case as he flies the AMRAAM release profile in Kestrel 21, I've watched Goshawk 02 slither like a slotcar into a mountain tunnel and I can see the gleam in the eyes of General Toshiro Mifune as he inspects his new toy.

For those who only ever work in plastic, it's like that feeling that sometimes hits that you are re-assembling a model, the way it should look, rather than putting it together for the first time.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
I know what you mean.  I have had writing experiences that go all over the spectrum.  Some have been worked on for months or even years with lots of research and consideration...some are written on the fly and come together seemingly in a matter of minutes with hardly any changes...some stall and sit there not knowing where to move next.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:56:40 PM by GTX_Admin »