Author Topic: Kits on Shapeways  (Read 62100 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Kits on Shapeways
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »
Thanks for the clarification on that Frank.  I had noticed the similarities between the LiveResin product line and the items at Shapeways, the subjects were all mutually supporting in one way or another so it was my own naivete' and failure to research further. 

I also do not frequent the Armorama forums, have not been there in a very long time.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »
Shameless self promotion:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/CAT

I'm working on a 1/350 V-2, then later a couple of V-2 variants.

Well, I was all set to order a couple of your standard V-2s, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to order. Do I "contact the
 designer"  and pay you directly?

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 10:09:57 AM »
Shameless self promotion:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/CAT

I'm working on a 1/350 V-2, then later a couple of V-2 variants.

Well, I was all set to order a couple of your standard V-2s, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to order. Do I "contact the
 designer"  and pay you directly?

Yeah... it'll be a meeelion dollars, please...

No, you need to add it to the cart (and any other models from other people) then check out. You'll need to pay with Paypal or a CC:

https://www.shapeways.com/support/faq?li=footer#faq-paymentoptions

And thanks!

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 06:54:50 AM »
Shapeways finally introduces a High Definition plastic.

This is great, but DLP printers like these can produce much, much finer work than allowed by the Shapeways design guidelines. Although it looks like they just cut and pasted their FUD guidelines. DLP doesn't really require support structures.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 10:38:55 AM »
Cool, cant wait.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 03:38:30 AM »
A promising development though not unexpected.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Volkodav

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »
Some more that may interest people:

All are 1/35.  Click on the images to go to the individual pages for them.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
@Greg,

You can thank me for the 1:35th scale Mk 38 Bushmaster.  I contacted the maker and convinced him to offer it and a number of other items in 1:35th scale.  I have two of the Bushmaster models in 1:35th scale plus several others in 1:72nd and 1:144th scale.  Great looking little model and a few fiddly bits. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »
I am tempted to maybe put a pair in the back of one of these:

Offline Zaskar24

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 06:20:27 PM »
I am tempted to maybe put a pair in the back of one of these:

If you do that you have to put one of those IDF Flamethrowers on it as well. You know you want to.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 02:40:19 AM »
It is tempting...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 03:13:22 AM »
HEMTT Gun Truck = waste of logistics resources.  ;)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:50 PM »
Received this in an email yesterday:

Hi,

We are currently investigating an incident involving unauthorized access to our systems. The intruders may have accessed some user names, email addresses, and shipping addresses. They did not access any model files. Additionally, the intruders did not access full credit card information because we do not store such information on our systems. We have not observed any actual misuse of your user information.

Although we protect your password with a hash in an effort to prevent malicious attackers from misusing it, to err on the side of caution we suggest that you reset your password at your earliest convenience. You can reset your password by logging into your account, navigating to the account settings page, and following the directions there for changing your password. If you use your Shapeways password for any other site, we recommend resetting the password for those sites as well. We encourage you to use strong passwords and not to reuse your Shapeways password on other sites.

As part of our investigation we are actively coordinating with law enforcement and reviewing and reinforcing our security procedures. If you suspect that someone is attempting to gain access to your account or solicit your personal information, please contact us at service@shapeways.com.

We apologize for the disruption and the extra work this requires from you. We take your security extremely seriously and will do our best to assist you through this process at service@shapeways.com.

Best,
Peter Weijmarshausen
CEO & Founder
Shapeways
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 12:29:43 AM »
Carl, 

I received the same message.  Tried to log in and went through the change PW/forgot PW process several times but never received a message to my email address to begin recovery of my Shapways account.  Will try again later today and hoping this time it leads to success.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 03:51:28 AM »
Ditto

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 05:54:45 AM »
Attempted again today to log in to Shapeways and each time resulted in a fail.  There seems to be no message being sent to my eMail address after going though the hoops.  Shamed Shapeways on Twitter and had a reply in a matter of minutes with a request to contact them via PM through Twitter with my eMail address.  So let us see how long it takes through this alternative path to UnFook things. 

All it took was this simple tweet to get a respoinse:
@shapeways - You are giant bucket of FAIL! This whole log in fiasco is now on day 2 and still unable to get logged in. WTF?

The squeaky wheel gets the lubrication:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:58:59 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 06:49:22 PM »
I have always logged on with Facebook so when I visited after the email I was advised that the issue did not affect me.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 03:22:19 AM »
^'one platform to rule them all...' what could possibly go wrong?

So after three days of trying and a public shaming of Shapeways on Twitter my account is unfooked.  Never did receive an eMail to initiate the password reset and it required the person responding on Twitter as the face of Shapeways to fix it by manually changing my password to something temporary and allowing me to access the account and change it again after I officially logged in this morning.  What a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge PITA.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
Re: Kits on Shapeways- TsAGI A-12 autogiro, 1/144 ...
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 01:33:23 AM »

http://www.shapeways.com/product/8NSMQSGD4/1-144-tsagi-a-12-autogyro?li=shareProduct

By Roman Vasiliev aka Kampflieger, I have a couple of his e-books, and card models, of WWI prototypes. Good stuff.  :)
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 02:26:20 AM »
Roman is one of the best designers out there - paper or 3D printed. His book on making paper aircraft models with 3D software (Rhino, in this case) is worth the price:
https://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/book-world-war-i-card-model-design-a-step-by-step-guide.html

Easy to translate the knowledge into non-paper designs.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 06:03:39 AM »
Found a seller, Bill's Models, who has lots of 1/72 missiles etc.

His store is here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bill-s-models?section=1%2F72&s=0
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2017, 02:45:46 AM »
I see he has a 1/48 HAWK missile as well.  Might be useful of someone wishes to model  this:

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:55 AM »
Some good news yesterday.  One of the makers at Shapeways by the name of Nicholas (Nick) Gaston selling his creations via his shop "Ranchoth's Arsenal" has just released a 1:35th scale Davey Crockett Atomic Bomb Tosser thing that is sort of a bazooka/RPG-Spigot Mortar mounted on a tripod.  This is the 155mm version, not to be confused with the slightly smaller in diameter 120mm Davey Crockett weapon that was identical in appearance save for the smaller diameter.  I think the smaller weapon was intended for mounting on the Jeep/MUTT series of utility vehicles and the smaller size was to help with any weight issues with that vehicle type.  The larger 155mm weapon was mounted on an M113 and possibly the M59 tracked armoured personnel carriers.  Images of both of these weapons in field exercises are scarce but many are available of the weapon as museum exhibits.  The first time I saw the bomb/spigot shape was at the museum located at Fort Lewis, Washington back around 1977-1978 when I was stationed there with the 9th Infantry Division and assigned to the 9th Military Intelligence Company.  It was just lying on the floor next to a wall as if it had been dumped there for lack of anything better to do with the thing.  Next time I visited that museum in the 90s the thing was no longer to be seen on display.  Previously to this model by Nick, there was a SharKit Davey Crockett in resin that I believe was supposed to represent the smaller 120mm weapon based on the sketchy images that I have seen of the instruction sheet. 

Anyway, here is a link to Nick's Davey Crockett at ShapeWays: "Davy Crockett" Atomic Weapon

I must also add that I have worked with Nick in the past as he has offered other models that I was interested in but were only available in other scales until I contacted him and asked about scaling an item he offered down to a smaller or larger scale.  He is also willing to create a quantity purchase opportunity to allow you to purchase a number of the same models under the same order which gives you a price break which is most welcomed. 

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 03:08:33 AM »
Thanks Jeff - will be ordering 6 of these for my Atomic Ontos idea...