Author Topic: Mak Fireball Suit  (Read 4453 times)

Offline bluesman

• Last of the Real Live Bluesmen
    • Magnum Creative Group
Mak Fireball Suit
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

This was a fun little project. the 1/35 AFS was pre built and painted. I got some sand and a rock from my yard, brass rod and cotton and in a  little over an hour I had a neat little model.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Mak Fireball Suit
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 02:20:00 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »
Nice little action scene you have come up with.  Now who makes these 1:35th scale assembled prepainted MaK fighting suits?  More to the point, are there any other MaK fighting suits in the product line? 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline bluesman

• Last of the Real Live Bluesmen
    • Magnum Creative Group
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »
Not sure who makes the little guys, this one was given to me a few years ago in a box of models for a Christmas gift.

I wish I still had the package....maybe an online search will turn up something.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 02:14:41 AM »
Not sure who makes the little guys, this one was given to me a few years ago in a box of models for a Christmas gift.

I wish I still had the package....maybe an online search will turn up something.

A quick search netted two results for a 1:35th scale MaK Fighting Suit that was offered by Hasegawa which included two models in the box.  I had never seen these before and I did know of Hasegawa offering some of the MaK stuff previously though the fighting suits were not mentioned.  Or I it could have been me not recognizing what I was looking at which is quite possible.  :)

Click on thumbnails to go to Comet Miniatures where you will have to scroll down to find the item.

Hasegawa P.K.A. Ausf M Melusine

Hasegawa P.K.A. Ausf G Gustav

Some of the other results seem to indicate that there are other sources for 35th scale MaK fighting suit kits but no real names are given so they may be limited run garage and basement operations.  I always thought the MaK had ptotential but the scale was not compatible with other armor or aircraft subjects so I usually ignored it. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:35:23 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »
Gorgeous!!  Too bad no one does the suited figure from King of the Rocketmen; that'd make a nice companion piece.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 04:51:42 AM »
Nice 'Ball launch !! :)

I always thought a kit of the 1960's Commander Cody flying suit would be cool -- used to watch that at the cinema every saturday morning .... (yes I am that old).

for everything MaK see here http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum/index.php --
warning these guys are friendly but non-MaK questions can be answered with spikes -- especially if you don't read the FAQs, so have a look around the site first :-\

The 1/35th range is expanding, there are various sets of six 35th suits but they are only available in Japan (not for export) -- you can buy them thru a Japanese auction site (not English language).  You have to buy this stuff when it comes out as it can be several to 25yrs between re-pops of kits - some never get re-made.  The neatest stuff is resin garage-market & only available at Wonderfest in Japan, one day per year.  Beware of ebay, many poor-quality resin copies.

MaK is neat stuff but is severely limited by the designer's ego vs business sense :icon_sueno:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:58:02 AM by raafif »

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 07:49:50 AM »
I always thought a kit of the 1960's Commander Cody flying suit would be cool -- used to watch that at the cinema every saturday morning .... (yes I am that old).
Commander Cody, both serials, was a re-use of the King of the Rocketmen suit by Republic pictures.