Hi everyone,
I started to assmeble this Revell kit

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

to make the ‘76 Ford Torino - “Starsky and Hutch Tv serie”

A quick look inside the box:

The cars used for the TV series were equipped with the 152-HP 5.8-liter Windsor V-8 engine for non-chase and non-stunt scenes, while the stunt cars were equipped with the 6.5- and 7.5-liter V-8s.

Here are the various stages of engine assembly:

Engine assembled and ready for the weathering ...

Kerick:
The Ford blue looks great.
I always love how those rubber belts are able to support and drive the power steering pump and the alternator. They just don’t build them like that anymore! (Thank heavens!)
I bet there is PE support brackets or something like that. I’m not a car guy so don’t pay any attention to me!

apophenia:
Now there is a blast-from-the-past  :D

--- Quote from: Rod The Fixer on April 10, 2024, 01:03:04 AM ---... The cars used for the TV series were equipped with the 152-HP 5.8-liter Windsor V-8 engine for non-chase and non-stunt scenes, while the stunt cars were equipped with the 6.5- and 7.5-liter V-8s...

--- End quote ---

For us North American oldies, that's a 351 Windsor or 396FE and 460 Police Interceptor (aka 'Godzilla')  ;)

Anyone else suddenly hearing Blue Öyster Cult ?  ;D

Old Wombat:

--- Quote from: apophenia on April 10, 2024, 03:12:14 AM ---Now there is a blast-from-the-past  :D

--- Quote from: Rod The Fixer on April 10, 2024, 01:03:04 AM ---... The cars used for the TV series were equipped with the 152-HP 5.8-liter Windsor V-8 engine for non-chase and non-stunt scenes, while the stunt cars were equipped with the 6.5- and 7.5-liter V-8s...

--- End quote ---

For us North American oldies, that's a 351 Windsor or 396FE and 460 Police Interceptor (aka 'Godzilla')  ;)

Anyone else suddenly hearing Blue Öyster Cult ?  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yes. ;D :icon_music: 8)

Story:
I had a 4 door 351 Windsor back in the day that embodied the B52s' line "seats about 20".
Poop brown, stripped off the chrome and spent more on bondo than I did for the car itself.
Good times, good times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version