Current and Finished Projects > Sea

1/35 Ukrainian sea drone

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frank3k:

--- Quote from: Story on November 26, 2023, 11:50:30 PM ---

--- End quote ---

That's close to the MikrMir kit. The white camera housing is completely differenty from the kit one (i prefer this one). Maybe they depend on the mission profile. The Starlink antenna looks a little higher, but that may just be the perspective.

I think the only whiff I'll add is a decal that says "Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй" on the front. Maybe a date code and maybe "Иди на хуй, Элмо" on the Starlink Antenna.

Frank3k:
This was a pretty quick and simple build. I'm calling it finished, except for fixing a silvering decal. The only whiffs are the decals, although some drone pictures show hand written numbers on the sides.

Hard to tell, but there are two tiny metal loops near the edges. Amazingly, they didn't fall off:

Side view. The two fuses on the nose are in steel and a grimy gray (which seems to match the color of my patio deck), The base is a generic PE base for a submarine that I got in a package from Jeff. The number is the year and month I finished the model:

Unfortunately, one of the decals silvered. I'll deal with that tomorrow. The steel access plates add some color.  The Starlink antenna is in a slightly lighter dark gray.

The decal in the middle says "Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй".  "Иди на хуй, Элмо" is on the Starlink Antenna... may not be a whiff, since it has some historical reasoning behind it.

Overall a fun little build, despite the PE and the fact that it's a short run kit.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Frank3k:
I got rid of the silvering by using a decal setting solution and gently prodding the decal. Here's the drone with two guys for scale:

The setting solution wasn't completely dry when I took these pictures, but I wanted to get the last bit of sunlight for the day. The clear film eventually vanished:

Old Wombat:
 :smiley: :smiley: 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version