Current and Finished Projects > Sea

S.P.S. Ma'am Eater

(1/5) > >>

Dr. YoKai:
 or, an extended prologue to the history of the Sekrit Yo Navy. The Science Pirate Syndicate was founded in in 1875 by Helene Adler,
Miguelito Brainerd, Lucrezia Yo, and Deren Land Rev. Ullrich Willmanarth. Their first vessel was built in Cuba between 1875-1877, and was terrorizing  the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico not long after.  Other ships and boats were added in short order, and the Ma'am Eater  ( built from plans stolen from a group of Confederate expatriates, based on a series of Confederate Ironclads from the late unpleasentness ) was retired in 1880

This is the older Lone Star models kit of the CSS Albermarle, which I purchased in the 'ninteies, and started six or seven years ago-
 My zeal led to some oversanding and a poor match on the hull halves. While working on another steam punk project , I had a minor
 brainstorm while looking at some of the Evergreen angle iron I'd bought, and here's the start. Since its hardly punked out
 by doubling the stacks ( though it certainly needed the bigger engines they imply ) its going to be a hydrofoil...
 I'll be basing the foils on the earliest intentional design for a hydrofoil, from 1869.

As shown here ( top of page )

GTX_Admin:
Promising!

taiidantomcat:
very creative!  :-*

GTX_Admin:
The more I look at that design, the more I think that you could have gone two ways:

* The way you have, and do it as a steampunk styled creation, or
* an ultra modern stealth ship.

gofy:
"Ma'am Eater" is like the best name ever!!   :)) :))
Gofy :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version