Author Topic: Hawker Sea Hawk FGA.6 Fleet Requirement Unit 1968  (Read 667 times)

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
Hawker Sea Hawk FGA.6 Fleet Requirement Unit 1968
« on: July 08, 2023, 01:41:55 AM »
Hi all

This was a fill in  project done between group build subjects  that are waiting to dry etc. It was supposed to be a nice and simple build that could be picked up and dropped at any time. It wasn't.......

This is the 1983 boxing of the Airfix kit using  the Blackbird Colourful Sea Hawks  Decal Set, however the original mold dates back to 1957 (only three years younger than me !) and as you have already guessed the fit was appalling not only was I filling wing joints an fuselage joints but also massive ejector marks and sink holes that indicate the mold is really entering end of life.

It is not the worst model I have built that accolade go's to  Mister Hobby Yak-23, at least some of the parts went together OK on the Sea Hawk, on the YAK, nothing fitted.

Possibly time for a retool ....

Anyway enough of my whinging, here's the pics

I must admit I do get a buzz from turning an old badly fitting kit into something acceptable, but I will let you decide...

As always all comments and criticisms gratefully accepted...........

Mog
>^-.-^<

I dont
 mold
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 10:00:15 AM by Robomog »
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Hawker Sea Hawk FGA.6 Fleet Requirement Unit 1968
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 02:22:50 AM »
Kit seems 'at best' on par for 1957.   Maybe under par.   Looks like you have made the most of it  :smiley:

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 10:56:21 PM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 06:37:33 AM »
Sometimes, they are what they are.

Still, you look to have made quite a nice smooth job of it. In the cabinet, it will like quite fine