Current and Finished Projects > Sea

A submarine of sorts

(1/8) > >>

Kerick:
My IPMS club has issued a "get out of your comfort zone" challenge. If you build tanks, build an aircraft. If you build cars, build a ship, etc. Since I build mostly aircraft with a couple of tanks along the way and I had a Lindburg Victor fuselage laying around with no wings I thought either sub or space ship. Also Mr. Fontaine had graciously sent my a big o' box of parts that happened to include a sub conning tower. I took this as the universe telling me to get on with it and started slapping said parts together.  A few other aircraft parts and this is what you get.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oaKJMd]

The black base is the cover off the back of an old printer with a couple of brass rods.
I managed to finally print some acceptable decals using Hayes Paper Co. decal paper instead of stuff from Hobby Lobby. Maybe it was old but the ink just would not soak in or dry afterwards. This paper worked great and I printed extras of everything just in case.

Hopefully it turns out a little like this.

Blue Meanies are not required and need not apply.

finsrin:
Cousin or half breed or something of the Seaview  :smiley:

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Kerick:

--- Quote from: finsrin on January 10, 2023, 05:24:03 PM ---Cousin or half breed or something of the Seaview  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

There definitely was a Seaview vibe to it.
I’m thinking of putting a deck on the back with an HO scale four piece band. I just have to make one guitar player left handed.

raafif:
 :smiley:

(I think it would look better if the tail-fin was a little shorter.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version