Author Topic: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun  (Read 30413 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 07:59:55 PM »
BANDAI! :icon_ninja:

Ah, the mighty E.F.G.F. M61A5 Main Battle Tank! Those figures should go well with it. :smiley:

I got that Bandai M61A5 on sale at Amazon USA over Christmas time. They had them for $60 each right around the last week of December. I cashed in my credit card rewards points and got an Amazon gift card and used that to get the Bandai kit.

Besides the figures, I will be adding a Live Resin Secutor weapons system to the top of the turret. It will sit where the TC hatch is located so there won't be a TC hatch anymore. There is a rear crew access similar to the ones on the Merkava so the crew can enter/exit from there.

Here is the Secutor in place. I will take some other photos later today of the Secutor in place with the figures.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »
Oh, yeah! That's cool! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 01:47:14 AM »
I've got one of the M61A5s in the stash as well - plan to do it in IDF scheme one day.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 03:29:33 AM »
Looking good and if it were mine, I'd keep the figures headless and paint the tank black and call it a Halloween build.

Brian da Basher

Offline Ramba

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 11:50:27 PM »
Started practice painting the older BDU camo pattern. Mine is a bit splotchy. There should be smoother demarcation lines but I only have a 3/0 brush. It is too big to get smoother demarcation lines between colors. I definitely need a 4/0 or 5/0 brush. My colors are too bright too especially the sand. It should be more khaki but the khaki I have is actually too dark. I used khaki on the vest, pouches, gloves and boots. My brown is too dark too. It should be slightly lighter. My green is also too bright. Maybe after a flat coat it will dull the colors down a bit.

Here is the figure so far.

BDU camo, you can see the demarcation lines are smooth unlike mine. I will have to pick up some 4/0 and 5/0 brushes to try to clean up the edges.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 12:59:25 AM »
Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:28 AM »
Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.

I just replied back on the What If Forum.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 02:36:58 AM »
I fixed it. I used the appropriate MM enamels. Here is the redone BDU camo with the MM enamels. Well, the green and the tan are MM enamels. I left the brown as is. It just needs a flat coat now.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
Got the head/helmet painted and the skin tone on the arms. Needs some touch ups but the smallest brush I have is a 3/0. I need a little smaller with a finer tip like a 4/0 or 5/0 for some of the finer touch ups. Hoping to pick some up soon so I can finish it. The rifle needs painting as well. When I finish the touch ups and rifle then it will get a flat coat.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
Back on track with the minigunner figure. I got the Live Resin 7.62mm sized flexible ammo feed chute. Also got the figure primed and waiting for it to dry to start the camo.

Flexible ammo feed chute and how I hope it will look once painted and attached.

Minigunner figure primed.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:44 AM »
That ammo belt is a great detail.
 8)
Brian da Basher

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...

Offline Ramba

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »
I haven't gotten much done lately. About all I did was switch around the heads/helmets. I used the heads with the skeleton masks molded on. They look more sci fi so will more than likely go with these heads for now.

Here is the one with the minigun.

This one has the Mk.48 Mod 0. It has the same ammo backpack as the one with the minigun.

Group photo.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 02:12:02 AM »
Wicked!! :smiley:

Offline Brian da Basher

• Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 04:24:02 AM »

Ouch! Watch the ankle, will ya pal? I'm gonna need that!

What an intimidating looking squad! Great stuff!

Brian da Basher

Offline Ramba

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 04:52:14 AM »

Ouch! Watch the ankle, will ya pal? I'm gonna need that!

What an intimidating looking squad! Great stuff!

Brian da Basher

Yeah, ouch! Gotta watch out for those sneaky locking tweezers. They just jump out at you and lock on like an alligator.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 05:07:51 AM »
I got a 1/35 resin diorama base but it is pretty small and can only fit one or two figures. Here it is and I posed a Live Resin figure on it for size comparison.

I also got these two 1/35 desert palm trees hand made by a seller in Thailand. Terrific details on them. I am not affiliated with the seller, I am just a satisfied customer. They come packaged in a plastic bag with the palm fronds pointing up. No instructions on how to bend the fronds but it is basically common sense hahahaha!

The taller of the two is roughly 200mm or 8 inches tall from the package but once the fronds are bent to shape it is roughly 7 to 7.5 inches tall depending on how much you bend the fronds to shape. The height is not counting the insertion peg on the bottom of the trunk.

Here are the fronds bent to shape.

Last photo shows the diorama base with one of the palm trees and a figure.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »
Like those palms ... & you seem to be having fun putting different weapons & heads on the figures. ;) :D

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 01:58:43 AM »
Coming along nicely

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 03:16:25 AM »
Yes, Yes.. carry on, coming along nicely

Offline Ramba

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2019, 12:30:02 AM »
Like those palms ... & you seem to be having fun putting different weapons & heads on the figures. ;) :D

Thanks! Yeah, I have a hard time deciding which head/helmet and weapons to use. I keep trying different combinations but think I finally decided on the one I want to use.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2019, 12:31:59 AM »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
Yes, Yes.. carry on, coming along nicely

Thanks!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »
I haven't worked on the figures in a while. I did do a couple diorama bases though.

The base colors were hand painted with Vallejo Model Color acrylics. I then gave it a clear coat to protect the paint then gave it a wash of dark dirt. After the wash dried I gave it a dusting of MiG sand pigments.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2019, 01:18:12 AM »
 :smiley: