Author Topic: Lessor-known French Supersonic Projects And Potential Fighter Derivatives  (Read 1643 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Line drawing of the Nord Super Griffon, a proposed Mach-3-class operational follow-on to the Griffon turbo-ramjet research aircraft, scaled to Forum Defensia standard:

(Mirage IIIE and MiG-31 included for size comparison.)

Hum...... even despite the lack of an internal schematic, I don't see much room for internal missile stowage......

(My amateur expectation is that the wings would be occupied by two Magic II launch rails and two drop tanks in total?  I'm trying to visualize some sort of conformal missile hardpoints on the fuselage, but the R.530 missile reminds me of a comment in British Secret Projects book on the Red Hebe missile- "aerodynamically-dirty" or something to that effect......)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:34:56 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
I believe this is scratch-built.
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?