Author Topic: Bandai 1/35 Batmobile  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Bandai 1/35 Batmobile
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »
Starting this kit soon. Not going to bother painting the interior as you won't see it anyway.

Adding A Live Resin RWS 6P49 KORD 12.7mm gun to the roof. Not sure how it will fit yet until I get the Batmobile together. Also adding some other bits like a couple DUKE antennas, a SINGCAR antenna and some left over parts from a Black Dog German Fennek set. Thinking of adding a Live Resin Blue Force Tracker too. I might switch out the kit front tires with some Tamiya HMMWV ones. The kit tires basically have no tread on them. Two Tamiya HMMWV tires together are about the same width of the Bandai ones but sit a tad higher. Gotta see if I can rig something to fit two together though.

This is the kit I will be building.

Live Resin KORD. They supply two different barrel types. The square one is the muzzle brake and the round one is the flash hider. I kind of like the round flash hider better.

The extra antennas, other bits and BFT I will hopefully add.

Offline Ramba

Re: Bandai 1/35 Batmobile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »
Got a little build time in between shoveling snow and ice the last two days. Here is where I am at so far. Still a bit more to do like the rear suspension, side armor on the front suspension and a few more bits here and there on the roof. I will be adding the Russian 12.7mm KORD gun mounted on an RWS and still have to figure out how to mount it to the roof.

The Batmobile is almost the same size as the HMMWV. Shown next to an Italeri 1/35 M998 for size comparison.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 11:29:58 PM »
Looks something like a rhinoceros beetle ... or a dung beetle ... like that. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:29:49 PM »
Looks something like a rhinoceros beetle ... or a dung beetle ... like that. ;)

I was thinking it looks more like a crab.

I got a little more done. Added the wheels and the front suspension armor. This is really cool looking. Wish I had a second one to keep it stock.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:37:57 AM »
Looks like the progeny of a chance encounter between a Massey-Ferguson farm tractor and F-117 stealth.  :)

Never gave much thought to this subject as it was part of the Batman franchise but knowing now that it is available in 1:35th scale does pique my interest.  Maybe a companion vehicle to the Aliens franchise M577 APC?   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:55 AM »
I really like the colorful plastic. I know it's wrong, but I'd be so tempted to leave them like that.

Nice progress!

Brian da Basher

Offline Ramba

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
Looks like the progeny of a chance encounter between a Massey-Ferguson farm tractor and F-117 stealth.  :)

Never gave much thought to this subject as it was part of the Batman franchise but knowing now that it is available in 1:35th scale does pique my interest.  Maybe a companion vehicle to the Aliens franchise M577 APC?

It is pretty cool they did it in 1/35. I got mine a while ago when they were cheaper. They are now pretty expensive. It is a really nice kit but not for what they are going for now. I was looking for a second one but just not affordable anymore, to me at least.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »
I really like the colorful plastic. I know it's wrong, but I'd be so tempted to leave them like that.

Nice progress!

Brian da Basher

The Batmobile kit is snap tight but some parts were really loose so they needed gluing but the majority of the kit is snapped together so I can take the pieces apart to paint everything later when it warms up in the spring. Gotta wait till late April into May though. We usually still get snow into April.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 11:04:07 PM »
Added the antennas and smoke dischargers. The DUKE antennas are warped so I need to heat them and try to straighten them out.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
I like that last shot. Talk about some tough tires!

Brian da Basher

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 12:02:28 PM »
It looks cool! The design is odd (is the rear that heavy?) but it works. Why two Duke antennas?

Offline Ramba

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »
I like that last shot. Talk about some tough tires!

Brian da Basher

Yeah this is a very cool looking vehicle.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »
It looks cool! The design is odd (is the rear that heavy?) but it works. Why two Duke antennas?

This is my favorite Batmobile of them all. Very aggressive looking. Why two DUKES? Why not? hahahaha! Well, two looks better than one. Evens out the look.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »
Added the RWS. The RWS is a combination of two different ones to get it the way I liked it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 04:32:54 AM »
I like the look of that BFG on top!

Brian da Basher

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 04:48:02 AM »
This is something I thought of too, an "in-service" batmobile  :smiley: :smiley: looks the part already
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher