Author Topic: BELATELY attempting to fulfill a request  (Read 2661 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
BELATELY attempting to fulfill a request
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:16:51 AM »
I was approached by M.A.D. last year with a few alt.-RAN requests- one of them being a carrier of French origin.  The idea is that, given that the carrier is naturally going to be no where nearly as big as an American supercarrier, the problem of a smaller and even less-capable airwing is to be alleviated with an area air defense missile suite.

I was not creative enough to come up with a solution and thought that a point-defense missile suite would have been more likely anyway, and...... life sucks.

And then recently I came across this (See Attachment).  I might be able to do something with that between now and early May.  Naturally, the Masurca launchers will be replaced with those for the Terrier missiles.

Seeing that Terrier launchers remained available for ship projects into at least mid-1960s...... now the only problem is with the manning requirement (Mk.13 needs only 3-8 men; Terrier launchers need 16); and when the Tartar launcher upgrades to the SM-1MR, the Terrier launcher would get the SM-1ER......

More to follow.  The completed entry will come in Shipbucket format.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:04:28 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: BELATELY attempting to fulfill a request
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:15:24 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.