Author Topic: Apophenia's Offerings  (Read 220436 times)

Re: Apophenia's Offerings
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
I never did find a sideview of the Hyena. So, I had to (ick, ack!) paint one myself.

In that case, doubly well done! I've only seen a front-on and front-quarter view in the Armstrong Whitworth Putnam myself. The A.W. XVI is a little cracker!  :-*
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:19:46 PM by Empty Handed »

Bladerunner

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 05:42:36 AM »
Very nice, especially like the Chimera and the Sukhoi CF 189.  :)

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
Cheers Bladerunner. The CF-189 retouch was fun. I probably overdid the weathering on the CF-18 but wanted it to look suitably beat-up (don't want to outshine the new kid!).

Next up is an alternative-alternative take on Litvak's AltCan scenario. There's a backstory for the CX-112 but it's a bit too long for here.
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »
Do you have more views of Panther mailplane? A 3-view would be lovely.

Alas, I ditched the original sideview (there never was a 3-view). What I had in mind for the Panther was a re-engined prototype AW.123 with the rear cockpit smoothly faired over to become a mail compartment.

See below: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=351.msg4597#msg4597
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:13:36 AM by apophenia »
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
Nice!  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 01:58:42 AM »
Brilliant Idea!

Offline JP Vieira

• The Challenge Master!!!
    • What-If World
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:30 AM »
Excellent ones

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
Cheers Bladerunner. The CF-189 retouch was fun. I probably overdid the weathering on the CF-18 but wanted it to look suitably beat-up (don't want to outshine the new kid!).

Next up is an alternative-alternative take on Litvak's AltCan scenario. There's a backstory for the CX-112 but it's a bit too long for here.
That's gorgeous and it's got a great family resemblance to both the CF-100 and the C-102.

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • The True North, Strong and Free (AltCan)
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 10:22:11 AM »
That's gorgeous and it's got a great family resemblance to both the CF-100 and the C-102.

Doesn't it, though? The whole thing just screams "Avro". I love it.
"God save our Queen and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Alternate Canada - http://altcan.webs.com

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 01:45:28 AM »
I love this thread.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline apophenia

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 05:39:51 AM »

Thanks. I forgot to mention that the CX-112 used the canopy from the 'Clunk'. In the backstory, Avro is responding to a GoC dictat to focus on military projects. The C.102 engines were meant to be for the prototype only with twin Orenda turbofans planned for the production model.

Offline apophenia

Big-Gun Armadillo
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 05:43:23 AM »
It turns out that I didn't dump the Armstrong Whitworth original -- just bozoed the file names ;P

So, for Greg, here's an AW.24 Armadillo with twin Vickers 40mm S guns...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:46:05 AM by apophenia »

Offline apophenia

Panther-Powered Mailplane
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 05:45:25 AM »
... and full sideviews of that AW.123 mailplane (sorry Jon, still no 3-views)

Offline apophenia

Jetliner and Cosmopolitan
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:28 AM »
And here's another Avro Canada-related offering. In the backstory, the Jetliner prototype serves in the RCAF but, at the GoC's order, that airliner project is transferred to Canadair.

Canadair later evolves the C.102 airframe into a twin RR Dart transport called the Cosmopolitan.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
Now we need a 1/72 C102 Jetliner to build all these beautiful birds.  :)
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...