Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aero-space / Re: BAe Tempest 6th Generation Fighter
« Last post by Frank3k on Today at 06:21:20 AM »
So that's where the F-23 ended up...
Aero-space / Re: AV-22 and E-22 Tilt Rotors
« Last post by kitnut617 on Today at 05:54:03 AM »
Thanks Jeff, the reason for the recess was I figured out to make the radome look right, it needed to be set further back from the bottom edge of the windshield. So I cut the notch into it with the intension of tidying it up but I wanted to see it sort of in the right place first. It didn't take long for me to realize that this was something nagging me in the back of my mind, and I just loved it from the get-go.
That has a wonderful anime look to it.  I would imagine some of those wings are used as radiators (likely the largest ones, you need a large radiating surface in space) while others are photo-electric arrays for power.
SciFi & Fantasy / Bandai's 1/144 Rogue 1 U-Wing (Out of Box) + ideas
« Last post by Faust on Today at 05:08:54 AM »
When it comes to Sci-Fi, Iím more of an anime guy than anything else. I grew up watching Astroboy, Battle of the Planets and Robotech. Thereís always been something about the realness and completeness of Japanese designs and the universes they inhabit that inspire me to build plastic models of them.

However, I am also interested in Star Wars, and have become more so in the last decade than I was before. Thankfully, during this time, the number of quality kits from the Star Wars franchise has grown, and the old MPC offerings have been truly put out to pasture. Most recently, Bandai has begun to market very nice, gorgeously moulded kits of some of the designs from both the classic and newer movies. These take the Star Wars modelling experience to the next level, and I felt I should at least try one to see what they were like.

Of course, I chose a rather odd example: the 1/144 U-Wing/Tie Striker set! Despite being small and simple to build, this multi-kit set is a pretty nice piece of work.  Check it out below!

Now, I'm no good with photoshop, but I was thinking of the following:

Trainer version of the Striker
"Nam"-type U-wing
Maritime Patrol U-Wing
Drone Tie Striker
Use the two "tanks" as either adverse terrain hovercraft supports for a Gundam
Load either of the planes with conventional weapons and use them for 'bushfire' wars

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/bandai-1-144-u-wing-and-tie-striker-out-of-box/

« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 05:04:20 AM »
Hmm ----

Just been reading about this below which some are calling the Tempest and the Typhoon replacement.
Well, a Tempest as a follow-on to the Typhoon is definitely historical. ;)
Aero-space / Re: AV-22 and E-22 Tilt Rotors
« Last post by Jeffry Fontaine on Today at 04:57:58 AM »
Nice work on the nose Robert.  The reason I was think it was from the NF Mosquito was because of the recess around the area that was in front of the windscreen.  Not being too familiar with the CF-100 variants aside from two HobbyCraft kits in 1:48th scale that i have in the stash, that was a nice reveal on your part.  :)
Repair and Refurbish GB / Re: The Silver Spitfire - Finished
« Last post by Robomog on Today at 04:35:50 AM »
Thanks guys,  when I was looking for a suitable finish I found that most of the spitfire colour schemes were quite dowdy so finding out about the Silver Spitfire was fortuitous. Also as Brian rightly points out the beautiful  lines of the spitfire can be truly shown up with a bright finish.

Thanks again

Mog
>^-.-^<
« Last post by kitnut617 on Today at 04:24:06 AM »
Interesting, looks like they've used Tornado u/c
Aero-space / Re: Saab Draken Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by kitnut617 on Today at 04:19:18 AM »
Don't get tied to a small radome Carl, you can always re-profile the fuselage just behind it if you use a bigger one.

Like I've done on my Eagle F.1 where I've used a Tornado F.3 nose. I've cut slits back down the fuselage so I can prize the plastic out a bit to suit the radome diameter, just a matter of PSR after that
« Last post by The Big Gimper on Today at 04:18:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10