Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Allies '46 GB / Re: Vote-- best Pixeler!
« Last post by perttime on Yesterday at 09:48:19 PM »
Very different styles. I had to go for the designs that interested me most.
Sea / Re: Tamiya king George v
« Last post by pigflyer on Yesterday at 09:33:21 PM »
I find selecting the correct hammer the hard bit.
Support Products / Re: Looking for decals
« Last post by deathjester on Yesterday at 06:44:51 PM »
Still digging, but I know I've got the 1963-1970 and 1970-1980 roundels in 1/72 from an Xtradecal set on International Hunters (also have 'em in 1/144).  I'm still checking to see what I have in 1/48.
Okay, I've got a Cutting Edge Hunter sheet that has the 1963-1970 roundels in 1/48.  Which of the sets I have best suit your needs?

Hi Evan,

I think the 1:48th scale 1963-1970 roundels will be the best choice.  If memory serves me these roundels were not overly large to begin with so anything smaller would probably not be practical. 

Thanks again for helping out.  Had no clue RhAF markings would be such a challenge to source.
Are you still after Rhodesian AF decals?
Kits for Sale/Swap / british lost projects
« Last post by binbrookboy on Yesterday at 06:11:36 PM »
Just to let you know the second phase of models have been done the hawker1121 the P1019E6 hypersonic test aircraft and the P1123-1 brit A10 on sale at HAMEX show on the sunday 6 may at hanslop media show bucks 10-4 MK19 7NZ see you there.
rikki wolfe
Aero-space / Re: THE REVISED AUSTRALASIAN DEFENCE FORCE AIR CAPABILITY
« Last post by ScranJ51 on Yesterday at 04:12:33 PM »
thanks - hopefully this weekend some more changes will be revealed....... :o
Aero-space / Re: Tilt-Rotor Aircraft
« Last post by elmayerle on Yesterday at 12:08:34 PM »
I would probably go with moving the floats to sponsons off the fuselage rather than leaving them on the wing.  Something you would need to be careful of is how far the aircraft sits in the water so that the exhausts don't get submerged while floating (as an alternative, modifiy the IRS so that the exhaust is redirected out the side with blocker panels and similar moving pieces, similar to the thrust reverser set-ups on several airliner nacelles - a few scribed lines could indicate this on the model).

Given that the V-22 wing and center section is manufactured as one large assembly, attaching it to the top of the Albatross would take some careful plastic surgery but is doable.
Aero-space / Re: Tilt-Rotor Aircraft
« Last post by Rickshaw on Yesterday at 11:52:57 AM »
A-Model do a series of 1/144 scale HU-16 Albatrosses.
Allies '46 GB / Re: Vote Best Physical creation!
« Last post by elmayerle on Yesterday at 11:37:23 AM »
One of the most difficult votes Iíve done in quite a while.
Quite!!  This is going to take a while 'cause there are a fair number I would like to vote for.
Aero-space / Re: THE REVISED AUSTRALASIAN DEFENCE FORCE AIR CAPABILITY
« Last post by Camthalion on Yesterday at 05:41:31 AM »
very nice builds
Aero-space / Re: The YoKai's World War Oneders - Air
« Last post by Camthalion on Yesterday at 05:31:19 AM »
very cool.  nice work
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10