Modelling > Everyday Objects GB

Cappuccino Two - The Silver One - Finished

(1/5) > >>

Robomog:
Hi All

Inspired by the feedback on Cappuccino One I have started a second project using a similar design but this time it will be a true 50's style silver spaceship but to a smaller scale so as to give it some size.

Here are the starting components.........

by Robomog, on Flickr

Most are spares from the previous project except that I found the bubble packaging from some mini clips I recently purchased was an almost exact fit for the CD blank.

Incidentally the plastic card used in both projects is also 'found', the black card is from computer memory containers and the white is from an old flippy style information board.

More when it happens.......

Thanks for looking.

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog:
Hi all

Started the second spaceship in earnest

First fix some plastic card into the bubble pack shell to stiffen it up using gel superglue. Once dry added some ribs to attach the CD blank then glued it  into position.

When the ribs are half set the cd blank is attached using a combination of gel and poly. This is clamped and left for twenty four hours to fully set.

Here the bracing is going in.......

by Robomog, on Flickr

Followed by the ribs.....

by Robomog, on Flickr

And then the top........

by Robomog, on Flickr

While left to dry I started the upper body using the same construction method as Cappuccino One exception this time the clear top is stuck down now as it is going to be painted over.

The clear section is held down with a plastic collar on top .........

by Robomog, on Flickr

And fixed with gel superglue on the inside........

by Robomog, on Flickr

So far so good, watch this channel for further installments

Thanks for looking

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog:
Hi all

A bit more progress.

Before I attach the top I'm adding some detail to the base. 50's flying saucers always seem to be very plain and shiny on top and lumpy and bumpy on the bottom. So I'm  using some empty pill packets to form the bumps and kids beads for the landing gear.

Cappuccino Two will also need some sort of antigravity engine so I have created an array using a circle of plastic card and some of the press button thingies from the lid.

The story so far.........

Futuristic lumps and bumps in the making......

by Robomog, on Flickr

They will be attached using gel superglue.

The antigravity array........

by Robomog, on Flickr

The base is complete, the antigravity is placed in position for the photo and will be painted and stuck in place when the major paintwork is finished ...........

by Robomog, on Flickrv

To be continued.........

Thanks for looking

Mog
>^-.-^<

Brian da Basher:
You're on to one of my tricks, mog.

Those pill blister packs are great and the clear ones are especially nice since they make neat little bubble canopies.

It never occurred to me that they'd make great greeblies too.

Keeping my eye ever peeled for more greeblies,

Brian da Basher

Robomog:
Hi Brian,

Thanks, I have learned a new word today "greeblies"

I was also surprised when I looked it up and find it's an accepted terminology in modelling circles.

Was absolutely Gob smacked when my spell checker also picked up this word without any queries

I shall consider my self enlightened

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version