Author Topic: Heinkel He 231  (Read 4906 times)

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Heinkel He 231
« on: July 12, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »

A whiffed Heinkel He 231/VJ 101A-6. I've kept the layout of the 'A-6 version including the 6 x 4,900 lb.st Rolls-Royce/MAN Turbo RB.153/17 tilt engines. But, I've assumed that as much as practical of the airframe would be based upon licensed F-104 Starfighter components.

The RW aircraft was designed for the NATO NBMR-3 programme ... resulting in three German tilt-engine designs: the Heinkel He 231 (aka VJ 101 concept, in 4-poster and 6-engined variants), the Messerschmitt VJ-101B concept, and the built EWR VJ 101C.
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Heinkel He 231
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:44:13 PM »
Massive acceleration & fast but what do you do with 15 minutes of fuel? ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 04:19:21 AM »

No loitering :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »

Be perfect for ZeLL launching: Bang! Straight up there! Hit the Bogies. Back & vertical landing near the ZeLL launch site/vehicle. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:10 AM »

;D  Of course, any hostile would be in trouble with six turbojets loitering directly above them. Once fuel is exhausted (literally and figuratively), the ensuing crash would ensure the target's destruction  ;)
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »
Impressive drawings, thanks! Is this completely fantasy, or just "unbuilt scale 1"?