Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Looks great!!  If you are taking requests, I definitely have one for a Buccaneer in Marineflieger markings, either MFG1 or MFG2.

Hmmm sounds like it might be a plan. Could you post a pic or two of the scheme here please?
Aero-space / Aussie Oddities and others
« Last post by ScranJ51 on August 13, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
The first Oddity - The Pika - test aircraft used in development of the Jindivik:

Pika-4 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Pika-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Pika-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Pika-3 by David Freeman, on Flickr

I'll probably open up the shoulder air intakes  :-\

On the bench - A jindivik

Couple of WW2 fighters, and this:

Interior of a Beaufreighter   8)

Beuafreighter-3 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Beaufreighter-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Beaufreghter-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr
Land / Re: McLaren Gallery - Humble Motor Museum
« Last post by ScranJ51 on August 13, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »
Another finished - Lauda's Championship MP4/2 from 1984

MP4-2-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr

MP4-2-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr

MP4-2-3 by David Freeman, on Flickr

McLAREN MP4/2
The McLaren MP4/2 was a Formula One car designed by John Barnard of McLaren for the 1984 season. An iteration of it, the MP4/2B, was used in the 1985 season, and a slightly updated version, the MP4/2C, raced in the 1986 season for McLaren. It was closely based on the MP4/1E model that was used as a test car, used in the final races of 1983.

Lauda was joined for 1984 by Alain Prost, who had narrowly lost the 1983 championship to Brabham's Nelson Piquet by just two points. Prost was openly critical of Renault's failure to develop the Renault RE40 and was fired two days after the season ended. McLaren boss Ron Dennis immediately snapped up the young Frenchman in place of John Watson.  Prost and Lauda proved to be a formidable combination and gave McLaren what many considered to be the strongest driver line up of the season. Both were excellent development drivers, and both gave technical feedback on the car and the engine which pushed the car's development far further than the other teams.

The MP4/2 was one of the few F1 cars to use carbon brakes at the time, giving it another major advantage over most of its rivals on all bar the street circuits or when conditions were hot and dry; notably, the carbon brakes were not as good as the steel brakes at tracks like the Detroit and Dallas street circuits due to the steel brakes lasting longer in the heat. That, combined to superior fuel consumption of the allowed 220 litres and the driving skill of Lauda and Prost saw the MP4/2 score 12 wins in 1984, at the time the highest number of wins in a season by a single team. Lauda beat Prost to the championship by just half a point in the final race, even though Prost had 7 wins to Lauda's 5 (at the final round in Portugal, Prost needed to win and have Lauda finish 3rd or worse to take the title. Lauda finished second). This remains the closest finish to a championship in Formula One history.

Colours here are a combination.  The curves on the front made getting the decals to conform was difficult - so they were removed.  The car body colour is sprayed - the wing decals.

On the bench - an MP4/13 and MP4/30 which will complete the Gallery
Aero-space / Re: Sea Bronco
« Last post by Alvis 3.1 on August 13, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
Okay, beats the #@#$!@ out of me how to post images here.
« Last post by Alvis 3.1 on August 13, 2018, 10:42:07 AM »
While the ideas has been floating around in my head (see what I did there?) what finally got me to build it was a series of fake Action/Adventure book covers i've been making on Facebook for a year or so involving a fictional astronaut, Bad Bobby. The Sea bronco has appeared a few times on some covers.

Alvis

https://imgur.com/a/PT1jqx5

https://imgur.com/a/Ef24K2n
« Last post by kerick on August 13, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
An ultimate bush plane!!!
« Last post by Alvis 3.1 on August 13, 2018, 10:09:52 AM »
Work in progress, as I need to move the floats back (somehow screwed up their placement, bah!) and add some extras. It's the 1/72 Academy Bronco (a very very nice kit) and the floats from the Revell Germany/Matchbox Twin Otter.

Alvis
Aero-space / Sea Bronco
« Last post by Alvis 3.1 on August 13, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
The North American Sea Bronco, or Seahorse in civilian service. While an actual specification in reality, the floats option was dropped and no OV-10 was produced with floats.
I feel it would make an awesome Fishing Adventures aircraft, with loads of storage for rods, gear, food, beer, life jackets, beer, inflatable raft, beer, and an anchor.

Alvis
Land / Re: El Gatito Blindado
« Last post by LemonJello on August 13, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »
Very cool! I will be interested to see it progress.
Land / Re: El Gatito Blindado
« Last post by elmayerle on August 13, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »
That's going to be a stuffed kitty with all that in there.  Looks great so far, Frank.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]