Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Other / Re: Just some cool photos...nothing more, nothing less...
« Last post by elmayerle on January 19, 2019, 10:42:50 AM »
Oopppsss...

Somebody sure wasn't watching their weight and balance.  Of course, the other approach would be a caption like "Up, up, and away!"
Other / Re: Just some cool photos...nothing more, nothing less...
« Last post by The Big Gimper on January 19, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
A few more of the new Cessna tail dragger: Citation XTD.

Profiles and Pixels / Re: Apophenia's Offerings
« Last post by finsrin on January 19, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
Enjoyed your presentation of Harvard.  :smiley:   Gets one to contemplating Super Duper Harvard kitbash using F4U-4 engine-prop.
Aero-space / Re: Douglas A-1 Skyraider Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by The Big Gimper on January 19, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »
But what about high drag, low impact toilets? They were cleared for carriage and release. 
Land / Re: Warrior Tracked Armoured Vehicle
« Last post by Zaskar24 on January 19, 2019, 09:16:58 AM »
Does anyone know what turret the 105mm armed Warrior uses?

The one in the colour photo above was supposedly a turret derived from the Rooikat wheeled tank destroyer given the Warrior LMT105 was created by Alvis Ltd in cooperation with South African LIW.  See here:  http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product925.html

I believe this is the turret:  https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/rooikat.htm

Thank you for the reply Greg as well as the idea for making a 105mm Warrior!
Profiles and Pixels / Re: Apophenia's Offerings
« Last post by Brian da Basher on January 19, 2019, 08:11:17 AM »
Those are great apophenia and I like that you expanded the Super Harvard concept for ML-KNIL service. Looks excellent in that scheme!

Brian da Basher
Aero-space / Re: Douglas A-1 Skyraider Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by Jeffry Fontaine on January 19, 2019, 07:53:47 AM »
As far as I know the Skyraider was not cleared for Sidewinder but, it was cleared for the AGM-12 Bullpup AGM.  Mind you this would have been the later models of the Skyraider (AD-5/A-1E, AD-6/A-1H, and AD-7/A-1J) only.  But, being cleared/authorized to carry is one thing.  Actual missions where Bullpup was used operationally has to the best of my knowledge never been documented.
Land / Re: 1/35 Luchs/MLRS kit bash
« Last post by finsrin on January 19, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »
One fine concept.  :smiley:
On track, keep going as is.
Everyday Objects GB / Re: Cappuccino Two - The Silver One - Finished
« Last post by apophenia on January 19, 2019, 07:22:01 AM »
Oh that is nice! And good call going with the 50s nostalgia look  :smiley:
Land / Re: 1/35 Luchs/MLRS kit bash
« Last post by Ramba on January 19, 2019, 07:16:34 AM »
I contacted the seller last week but still waiting to hear what they are going to do about replacing the kit or the broken parts.

OK! Here is where I am at the moment. I cleaned up the front of the broken upper hull on the ZTL-11. I will fill in the gap between the rear of the cab and the ZTL hull with plastic card. The holes on the sides will all also get filled in. The turret looks like it sits a little further forward than I like but I aligned it with the Luchs crew access door so it will have to stay. The gun barrel might go past the front of the cab though.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]