Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Group and Themed Builds / 2019 Clear Your Workbench Group Build
« Last post by The Big Gimper on Today at 04:11:22 AM »
2019 Clear Your Workbench Group Build

Come all you professional procrastinators, serious slow builders, and exemplary experts of the 1/1024, 1/512, 1/256, 1/128, 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 completed projects.
This will be THE year (just like the year before this one and the one before that one and other one as well ) to finish those projects.

The Rules:
  • Have fun!!
  • Any project is allowable, so long as it is already started and not yet complete - that is the purpose of this group build after all.
  • Physical models, profiles, stories are all allowed.
  • Projects for other Group Builds that are not completed in time will automatically be nominated for here - no trying to hope everyone forgets what you were doing or the fact that you were too slow to finish.
  • The Group build runs for the entire of 2019 and will officially close 31 Dec 2019 - the goal is to finish the projects by the end of the year.
  • Moderator will be The Big Gimper.  As always, bribes are welcomed. Money and Food are good places to start.
  • Have fun, clear out the shelf of doom and finish something!!!
Group and Themed Builds / Re: 2019 Group Build Calendar
« Last post by Brian da Basher on Today at 02:44:36 AM »
Im happy to moderate the African GB if you need someone.

You are one awesome duck!  :icon_alabanza:

Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Gratefully,

Brian da Basher
Scifi and Fantasy / Re: Yamato 1/48 HAB 0003 T Rex
« Last post by Brian da Basher on Today at 02:37:02 AM »
 :smiley:
Brian da Basher
Aero-space / Re: A-30 Volunteer
« Last post by Brian da Basher on Today at 02:35:21 AM »
You've certainly captured lightning in a bottle there!

Great stuff, will watch with interest.

Brian da Basher
Aero-space / Re: Lockheed P-38 Lightning Ideas and Inspiration
« Last post by Story on Today at 01:42:43 AM »

the rest is embroidered Martin Caidin bullshit.  (1)
Heres the real story: (2)
  soon grounded due to the poor quality of Italian gasoline, which corroded the fuel tanks. I believe that this is the only documented example of a captured US fighter being used to shoot down a US aircraft during WW2.

1) I had to look that up. Caidin, known as a stickler for technical detail, incorporated supernatural elements in his Bermuda Triangle novel Three Corners To Nowhere (1975). During the mid-1980s, Caidin began claiming to have the power of telekinesis, specifically, to be able to move in one or more small devices called energy wheels or psi wheels.[6][7][8] Parapsychologist Loyd Auerbach, a friend of Caidin's who sometimes appeared with him in demonstrations and workshops, reiterated a strong endorsement of him in his June 2004 Fate magazine column.[9] Magician James Randi offered to test Caidin's claimed abilities during 1994.[10] During September 2004, Randi wrote: "He frantically avoided accepting my challenge by refusing even the simplest of proposed control protocols, but he never tired of running on about how I would not test him."

2) Damn. What were they burning, Coca-cola? (That stuff will eat through stomach linings).
Group and Themed Builds / Re: 2019 Group Build Calendar
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:41:09 AM »
Thanks
Scifi and Fantasy / Re: Yamato 1/48 HAB 0003 T Rex
« Last post by GTX_Admin on Today at 01:32:04 AM »
 :smiley:

1/72 Nakajima G10N  would be a swell kit !

Bah!  Too small...This was supposedly 1/32:

Aero-space / Re: 4 more OOB, Bell 212 & 412
« Last post by kitnut617 on Today at 12:27:02 AM »
Get some clear plastic sheet like plexiglass

I was looking at that yesterday, the cabinet is an Ikea one IIRC, I may be able to buy a couple more glass shelves for it. I'll check it out.
Other / Re: Arcade Game Console - 3D printed model
« Last post by kerick on Today at 12:13:34 AM »
Cool! 8)

However, to me, it looks to be set up for left-handers. I, being profoundly right-handed, would find that rather difficult to operate. :icon_crap:

Just flip the photo around, then left will be right!
Nice work!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10