Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aero-space / Re: The Avia B-355 - Czech out this Tale in 1/72 Scale
« Last post by deathjester on Today at 06:03:57 PM »
That is so pretty, and yet menacing!  Another blast of genius from BdB!! :smiley:
 a few more, 1/200 :

Thus it is decided that the plane will be called the A-8 Buccaneer! 
Aero-space / Re: The Avia B-355 - Czech out this Tale in 1/72 Scale
« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 12:45:22 PM »
As normal, a beauty, both aircraft and history.  Some of the very best undercart work ever seen.   You are the Master!
+1  Gorgeous work and imaginative backstory.
Aero-space / Re: Avro CF-100 Variants
« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 12:41:43 PM »
How easy the Orenda could be converted to a turbofan is another question.  If it's a single-spool engine, it's going to be difficult without adding another spool (much like what GE did in converting the CJ610 to the CF700).  If it was a twin-spool engine, the conversion is much simpler, involving a redesign of the first few compressor stages to fans (JT3C --> JT3D, JT8B (J52) --> JT8D, etc.).  Not trying to throw cold water on the idea, just pointing a few things out.  Perhaps use an intermediate stage between Orenda and Iroquois that fits the Orenda envelope, but is twin-spool, as a basis for the turbofan; it could've been a proof-of-concept effort that went into production.
Sea / Re: LCAC-2
« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 12:26:41 PM »
That's quite impressive.
Yeah, I think A-8 might be a pretty elegant solution that fits the timeframe well and avoids the more familiar attack designations.

Cheers,

Logan
Personally, I like the A-8 designation as it would fit the progression.  Supposedly the reason the designation was never used was to avoid confusion with the AV-8A Harrier, which really should have been the AV-6B, following on to the XV-6A Kestrel.
Profiles and Pixels / Re: Apophenia's Offerings
« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 11:34:38 AM »
Beautiful!!  Perhaps a contoured inlet for each engine to reduce the chances of FOD ingestion?  Something like what was done for the CFM56 on the 737?
The Anachronistic Group Build / Re: Axorchronistic
« Last post by elmayerle on Today at 11:29:07 AM »
That would need to be done up as a decal for a model; I can't see anyone's eyesight surviving trying to paint it.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10