Author Topic: 1/35 Post Apoc figures  (Read 37871 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: 1/35 Post Apoc figures
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2022, 12:18:07 AM »
From this presumably:

https://youtu.be/X7SiuQxhAjg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2022, 12:23:34 AM »
From this presumably:

Great find! Thanks! I just sort of kind of watched Justice League yesterday and was wondering if that Batsuit on the figure was in that movie. I was going to watch Batman v Superman too but didn't have time to watch both.  Unfortunately, I missed about 1/2 or more of the Justice League movie so I still didn't see if that Batsuit was in it or not. I will research it some more and see if I can find it.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2022, 12:42:04 AM »
Watch the video I linked to.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2022, 11:01:19 AM »
The Bat Power Armour could be easily whiffed into something slightly more realistic. SpecOps, SWAT, something like that. Lose the ears and sand off the bat symbol on the chest. Add some grenade bandoliers, magazine pouches, some NVGs or a helmet and paint everything in Multicam.  :icon_swat:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Ramba

« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2022, 08:11:17 PM »
Watch the video I linked to.

HA! I missed that link. Thanks!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »
The Bat Power Armour could be easily whiffed into something slightly more realistic. SpecOps, SWAT, something like that. Lose the ears and sand off the bat symbol on the chest. Add some grenade bandoliers, magazine pouches, some NVGs or a helmet and paint everything in Multicam.  :icon_swat:

That's a great idea but for this one I already have plans for it as is. Will reveal later.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2022, 08:21:55 PM »
One more 1/24 figure. Last one for now but not the last one in the stash. Just the last one for now that I assembled.

The parts are separate as shown below. Unfortunately, two pieces were broken and were not in the parts bag. One fingernail was broken off and missing from the left hand. One of the smaller spikes on the back on the right side was also broken off and missing. I will try to scratch build the broken and missing pieces.

Overall assembly.

Here it is on the base. I won't be using the base though.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »
Here are a couple of 1/35 arachnid aliens. They came as one piece.

Here they are next to a Nuts Planet 1/35 figure. They look a bit smaller than 1/35. If I remember correctly from Starship Troopers, the arachnid aliens should be a bit bigger. Maybe these are babies.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2022, 12:26:40 AM »
Agree that they a look a lot like mini versions of the bugs from Starship Troopers. Do you have any 1/72 / HO / OO figures?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:32:40 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Ramba

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2022, 01:21:45 AM »
Agree that they a look a lot like mini versions of the bugs from Starship Troopers. Do you have any 1/72 / HO / OO figures?

I don't have any 1/72 scale figures but I do have a Revell 1/48 standing pilot figure from the F-14B/D kit. The pilot figure is a bit scrawny itself so probably not exactly 1/48.

Here is the Revell 1/48 pilot figure next to the same Nuts Planet 1/35 figure.

The 1/48 pilot and 1/35 figures next to the 1/35 arachnid alien. The 1/35 arachnid alien looks closer to 1/48 instead of 1/35. I will keep the arachnid aliens as 1/35 as I am not doing a Starship Troopers dio. They will just be whatever type alien invasion bugs.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2022, 10:34:38 PM »
Got another Superman figure assembled. The product ad says 75mm total height but it is actually 90mm tall with the column. The figure itself is 75mm tall from the tip toes to the top of his head. Technically, it is smaller than 1/24 so can't be used with any other 1/24 figures. As usual, it comes in separate parts to be assembled.

Here are the two Superman figures side by side. As you can see, the one on the left is smaller than the other one. The one on the right is the one that is molded in the likeness of Henry Cavill. While the one on the left is 75mm tall from tip toes to the top of the head, the Henry Cavill one is 81mm tall but is also on his tip toes. I would say the Henry Cavill one is more true to 1/24 scale.

The overall detail on the smaller one isn't as crisp as the detail on the Henry Cavill figure.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:36:39 PM by Ramba »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2022, 10:43:46 PM »
I had assembled another Batman figure along with the other Superman figure shown above. This Batman figure says total height of 95mm with the base. With the base being so big, I thought the figure itself would be close to 1/24 but I was wrong. It is a bit larger than 1/24. Anyway, as usual, it comes in separate parts and needs to be assembled.

Here it is posed with the other 1/24 Batman figure I assembled a couple weeks ago. It is bigger than 1/24. The one on the right is leaning forward slightly while the one on the left is leaning forward a lot more. If both were to stand straight up, the one on the left would be taller so the one on the left isn't 1/24. The Batman on the left is 95mm tall to the top of his raised bat mask ears. So it seems that when Yufan says 95mm total height, they aren't including the base even though they say total height. The other Batman on the right is 83mm total height without the base.

Here is the other Batman posed with the Henry Cavill Superman. These two roughly scale to 1/24.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:45:38 PM by Ramba »

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2022, 11:57:53 AM »
Batman going ice climbing with those crampons ? :D

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2022, 12:12:36 PM »
Batman looks more like he should change his "persona" to CATMAN crampon-like features on his feet.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2022, 11:28:49 PM »

Batman looks more like he should change his "persona" to CATMAN crampon-like features on his feet.  :smiley:

From this presumably:

I originally thought that particular bat suit was from the Batman vs. Predator or Batman vs. Alien comic books but I found this image from Batman vs. Predator and no crampons on his boots. He does have an armored bat suit though but not the same as the one on the figure.

GTX Admin had suggested that bat suit might have been from the Batman vs. Superman movie as he posted in the above image but I found this image that shows his boot and again no crampons. Those crampons/spikes seem to be made up by Yufan.

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »

I don't have any 1/72 scale figures but I do have a Revell 1/48 standing pilot figure from the F-14B/D kit. The pilot figure is a bit scrawny itself so probably not exactly 1/48.

Here is the Revell 1/48 pilot figure next to the same Nuts Planet 1/35 figure.

28mm - 1/56th scale?
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/starship-trooper-heads-heroic-28mm

The 1/48 pilot and 1/35 figures next to the 1/35 arachnid alien. The 1/35 arachnid alien looks closer to 1/48 instead of 1/35. I will keep the arachnid aliens as 1/35 as I am not doing a Starship Troopers dio. They will just be whatever type alien invasion bugs.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
Story, thanks for the link to the Starship Troopers heads. I might use some Nuts Planet 1/35 figures. I already did them back in 2020. I actually have four but only did three so far.

Here are the three I did back in 2020. I changed the heads to Live Resin HGU56/P helmet with Maxillofacial shield. The helmets look sci fi so used them on the figures. I also changed out the weapons on the guy on the left.

This is the fourth one I haven't finished yet. This one also has the Live Resin HGU56/P helmet.

This is the Live Resin helmet set I used.

I also have these other Nuts Planet 1/35 figures I might use instead.

Offline Story

« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2022, 08:31:09 PM »
I guffawed - the Heavy Gunner's M2 has a blank attachment fitted.
https://www.nordarm.com/militaartooted/browning-m2-hmg-bfa-14/training-blank-firing-systems

You could repurpose that to some sort of USArmy training VISMOD vehicle

« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:37:08 PM by Story »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2022, 09:04:22 PM »
I guffawed - the Heavy Gunner's M2 has a blank attachment fitted.

Yes, I already switched out the blank adapter for a regular .50 cal barrel. I also switched out the head. I am still working on it and still more modifications to do to it.

The reason I didn't finish it yet is because I might switch out the barrel to the air cooled version. Looks better to me.

Here is the air cooled barrel test fitted. Thanks to Jeffry Fontaine for the barrel.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 09:48:13 PM by Ramba »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2022, 10:17:58 PM »
Zombie apocalypse. These are 1/35 from Vaultz.

Some closeups.

Zombies posed with some soldiers. The soldiers are from Ant Miniatures.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2022, 04:59:20 PM »
Those aren't bad for zombie figures, despite looking a bit "demonic" or alien, but their feet &, especially, hands are considerably oversized.

I have a small collection of zombie figures, mostly Royal Model & one or two MaiM. I'm being very selective, though, as far too many zombie figures are far too ... "unrealistic" ... for my tastes.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2022, 08:00:41 PM »
Those aren't bad for zombie figures, despite looking a bit "demonic" or alien, but their feet &, especially, hands are considerably oversized.

I have a small collection of zombie figures, mostly Royal Model & one or two MaiM. I'm being very selective, though, as far too many zombie figures are far too ... "unrealistic" ... for my tastes.

Both Royal Model and MaiM have nice zombie figures that look really good. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Yes, the Vaultz figures look a bit cartoon-ish especially with the oversized hands and feet. Overall they look really good though.

This one kind of reminds me of the leader vampire zombie from the movie I Am Legend.

Offline Story

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2022, 01:48:55 AM »

Since zombies' pancreatic functions are inoperative, they retain water in their extremities and 'puffy hands' are a totally accurate symptom often overlooked by Hollywood.

Offline Story

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2022, 01:50:51 AM »

The reason I didn't finish it yet is because I might switch out the barrel to the air cooled version. Looks better to me.

The air cooled version is also more practical, in that it's a lot lighter than the HB. Well done.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2022, 11:32:40 PM »

Since zombies' pancreatic functions are inoperative, they retain water in their extremities and 'puffy hands' are a totally accurate symptom often overlooked by Hollywood.

Thanks for the info.

This is a good article on why zombies are physically impossible.
https://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/strange-creatures/10-reasons-zombies-are-physically-impossible.htm