Author Topic: 1/35 Post Apoc figures  (Read 38666 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 1/35 Post Apoc figures
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2021, 07:21:30 AM »
 :D :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2021, 09:53:14 PM »
Over black, that colour came out really well.

Thanks! I prime most of the figures black but when I use the FFSMC decals I prime them white as the FFSMC decals are transparent.

:D :smiley:

Thanks!

Those jean colors came out great!
I have those Evolution figures but haven't painted them yet. The older guy with a beard looks like the inspiration for the (nowhere as good) Masterbox Vadim kit.

Thanks! Yes, they do look similar.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »
Small update. Got two of the three mostly painted. Still some small areas to do and some touch ups. I changed out the weapons on both.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2021, 01:29:55 AM »
The denim jeans color is amazing.  Looks so convincing as a fabric color. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2021, 03:14:25 AM »
The denim jeans color is amazing.  Looks so convincing as a fabric color.

Thanks! I am pleased with the way the blue jean color came out.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2021, 08:35:50 AM »
Blue Jean Guy absolutely NAILS the look of the free STALKERS in the early levels of the game. :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Ramba

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2022, 09:14:37 AM »
Blue Jean Guy absolutely NAILS the look of the free STALKERS in the early levels of the game. :smiley:

I still haven't looked up that Stalkers game. I will have to take a look at it one day.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2022, 09:17:46 AM »
I started painting four more 1/35 post apoc figures today. The one on the left was started last week. They were all primed from about a year ago or so but just got to actually start painting them today. They all still need the boots, gloves, masks and weapons painted and some still need the highlights. I also still need to touch up some areas as well. Hoping to finish the painting and touch ups tomorrow. I can't actually finish the figures yet because I broke off some of the hands accidentally and I also ran out of CA glue so I can't fix the broken hands. I have to wait till I get some more CA. Once I get the CA I will finish them with the weathering and flat coat.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »
 8) 8) 8) :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2022, 12:22:52 AM »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2022, 12:31:51 AM »
Sometime back in 2020 I got a box from a friend that is getting out of the hobby and inside the box were a couple 1/35 ATV's and somewhere around 30-40 resin figures.

Here are the two ATV's with a couple of the figures. I started these back in December, 2020 but just now getting them painted. As you can see, I broke off some of the parts while hand painting but ran out CA so can't fix them or finish them until I get more CA. Not sure when I am ordering the CA though. Anyway, inside the box were also a couple female figures with motorcycle helmets so I repurposed the motorcycle helmets and using them on the figures shown. I will be doing a post apoc diorama with them.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2022, 06:30:25 AM »
A bit of Live Resin fun & joy!

Have a couple of those ATV's (along with a few more from different manufacturers) & the rider figures.

Not the females, though - they don't fit the post-apocalyptic & military vibes of the dioramas I'm going to be putting them into - "Daisy Duke" shorts & tank-tops just won't cut it in the Wastelands!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2022, 08:48:47 AM »
A bit of Live Resin fun & joy!

Have a couple of those ATV's (along with a few more from different manufacturers) & the rider figures.

Not the females, though - they don't fit the post-apocalyptic & military vibes of the dioramas I'm going to be putting them into - "Daisy Duke" shorts & tank-tops just won't cut it in the Wastelands!

The females came with the motorcycle helmets. They were in the same box I got from my friend that had the ATV's and riders along with a bunch of other figures including some zombies. 

The Hasegawa roller kit I already had in my stash but when I got the box with the zombies in it I got the idea to do a zombie diorama. Sample photo of how I plan to use the Hasegawa roller with the zombies.

Some of the other figures that were in the box. These will all be on the same diorama with the Hasegawa roller.

If you get the Master Box Desert Battle Series Skull Clan New Amazons you could always add those Live Resin female figures to the same diorama.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2022, 01:20:03 AM »
The Hasegawa roller kit I already had in my stash but when I got the box with the zombies in it I got the idea to do a zombie diorama. Sample photo of how I plan to use the Hasegawa roller with the zombies.

Love it! :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2022, 12:04:41 AM »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2022, 12:18:17 AM »
Sorting out which figures to use on the ATV's. I also did a rough layout of the diorama they will be used on. This will be a what if/post apoc trading post and the two riders pull up to find out how they can get gas, food and water. The ATV's will have some supplies already stowed on them but they are trying to replenish their supplies. While the figures are in military gear, they aren't actual military, they are just regular people that raided the local military base/armory after the apocalypse and took the stocks from the base. The diorama is just a rough layout and will change once I decide what else to put on it or change some stuff out.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2022, 06:37:46 AM »
I spent the last hour and a half folding and gluing all these paper boxes.  These will be going on the ATV dio.

I only have another 1,000 more to do.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2022, 02:58:18 PM »
That's gonna be some dio! 8)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2022, 12:11:16 AM »
Making boxes sounds like fun, but it definitely isn't. You're missing some "toilet paper" boxes. I can send you the file I made as a PDF or jpg if you want to print them out.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2022, 12:56:45 AM »
That's gonna be some dio! 8)

I wanted a little more action poses but with the figures I chose it will be boring so I have to fill it up with all sort of stuff to make it look busy to detract from how boring it is  ;D

Offline Ramba

« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2022, 01:01:38 AM »
Making boxes sounds like fun, but it definitely isn't. You're missing some "toilet paper" boxes. I can send you the file I made as a PDF or jpg if you want to print them out.

Making those boxes is definitely not fun, it is very tedious. Yes, you are correct, I have no toilet paper boxes. That would be great if you could email me the PDF file. I will message you on here with my email address. Thanks and greatly appreciated!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2022, 02:12:39 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2022, 05:41:12 AM »
Getting all excited over this dio. The collection of bits and bobs has some similarity to a stash I have been gathering.

Yes, folding boxes is not high on the list of things that give immense joy.

Love this idea.. although the concurrent image in my head was the scene out of A Fish Called Wanda with the Roller and Otto in the concrete

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2022, 08:42:33 AM »
I'm currently going through the "Resident Evil" series of movies (watched the first 4, so far) & I find it amusing that I've seen all of those zombies above (plus several others that are available in styrene/resin) in the films, literally. So, I'm guessing they got a lot of their "masters" from screen shots from these movies.

The total number of diorama ideas I have floating around in my head is both HUGE & frightening! :o

However, there are only about a dozen post-apocalyptic dioramas in there (some of them are pretty big, though); about 4 are Zombie Apocalypse ideas; there are another 2 or 3 Alien Invasion Apocalypse ideas; a couple of Post-Nuclear Apocalypses; a couple of non-zombie Biohazard Apocalypses, & a couple of Random Apocalypses.

So, apart from appreciating what you're putting together, I'm stealing ideas from your builds to evolve my own. ;D

;)

Offline Ramba

« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2022, 09:36:14 AM »