Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

Small Brown Dog Artwork and related

<< < (94/101) > >>

perttime:
I might feel a bit vulnerable skimming the ground on something like this at supersonic speeds, envelopment field or not.

Where's the escape system on the finished one?

Small brown dog:

--- Quote from: perttime on September 03, 2022, 12:56:31 PM ---I might feel a bit vulnerable skimming the ground on something like this at supersonic speeds....

--- End quote ---

You would make a great junk jockey if you are only going to feel "a bit vulnerable"  :smiley:
The escape system on this version is a bit tricky thats for sure and I'm still working on it although I must admit that all the current ideas result in life changing injuries  :(

perttime:
 ;D

Small brown dog:
HP42 "HANNO"

Been out of the picture for the last few months due to illness and loss of someone very special. Still no imaganitive mojo operating yet but I had started this HP42 and thought I should finish it.

A favourite of mine from long ago when, as a kid, I was holding the Airfix kit box and marveling at the Roy Cross art work. The HP42 has always held a special place for me with its sort of hybrid or missing link looks, a bit like something made up of what had been and what was coming.

G-AAUD, production number 42/3, was named after the Carthaginian explorer "Hanno" the Navigator, who explored the Atlantic coast of Africa in approx. 570 BC. Hanno first flew on 19 July 1931 and was later converted to a H.P.42(W) (Hannibal class). The aircraft was impressed into No. 271 Squadron RAF and was destroyed in a gale at Whitchurch Airport, Bristol when it was blown together with Heracles and damaged beyond repair on 19 March 1940.

The HP42 has been described in some places as the Concorde of its day but with a cruising speed of just 90 - 100MPH depending on the head winds, it perhaps falls short of such a comparison. I think it has a magnificence if not majesty all of its own and is an icon of the golden age of aviation.

Old Wombat:
Really nice work on "Hanno", Mr SBD! 8) :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version