Author Topic: Cf-104 restoration  (Read 2517 times)

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
Cf-104 restoration
« on: February 04, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »
Not sure if this is the right spot for this but here goes

A customer that we built a coach for several years ago from Canada is a partner/ owner ( he's never quite clear on that) of a restoration of a CF-104. He came by this week for some restoration on his coach. I had completely forgotten about his 104 until he saw my squadron cap and we started talking about planes. Well long story short here is the website to see in progress pics and other stuff on his/their rebuild of the airframe.

Www.canadianstarfightermuseum.ca

the paper gods demand sacrifice

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Cf-104 restoration
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »
Thanks for that! Gorgeous restoration  :-*
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
Not a problem, thing is I've known as out this for five or eight years( after building six coaches a year they all kinda run together and you forget some stuff) should have put this out sooner to help get him some support and such things. Before they left today he said the last things they had to do were slap the wings on and finish th cockpit  interior.

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
Thanks for posting this. Always good to hear about people's hard work. I take it they are bringing this back to flying status?

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »
He said the plan was to bring back to flying condition, but he never said if they would actually fly , but he would like to.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »
Back in 1996 (IIRC) I was at the Cold Lake Airshow in Alberta. They had a couple of Starfighters flying the weekend we were there, which were operated by Starfighters Aerospace, and it was announced that the two flying were ex-RCAF CF-104's.

I've got a bunch of photos of them but do you think I can find them ----