Author Topic: Free 1/48 Aircraft kits  (Read 5098 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Free 1/48 Aircraft kits
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »
I was happily wasting a few hours in the “lived in” man cave when the SWMBO came downstairs for an unscheduled inspection of said faculties. A cool chill ran down my spine. My secret calendar indicated the next inspection was not due for another month.  I was not prepared. This will not go well for me.

She initially did not say anything but her deep nasal breathing told me that this was not going to be a conjugal visit. A sharp snort was followed by a lecture on how I have too many plastic model kits.

She said, in a voice pre-chilled too 0 degrees Kelvin, that it would be really nice if I sold off some kits as I have too many, it’s too messy and they are taking up too much room. Note the re-use of “too”.

This too was not a rhetorical statement.

So too help improve my standing in my house, I am offering for free, as is, the following 1/48 kits:

• Monogram F-101 Voodoo. I started this kit 20 years ago. I cannot guarantee all the parts are there but it’s looks to be complete
  • Revell A-10. This was given as part of another sale. I cannot guarantee all the parts are there. I did snooker the large drop tank and a few bombs for other projects.
  • Monogram F-15C. This was given as part of another sale. I cannot guarantee all the parts are there. I did snooker the large drop tank for other projects.
  • Zhengdefu Su-35. This was given as part of another sale. I cannot guarantee all the parts are there. I did snooker the ECM pods for other projects.
  • Revello-gram 1/48 UH-1C Huey Hog Gunship. Same as above. Cockpit is missing.

I’d prefer if someone take all kits but I’ll split up if requested.

I’m just asking for you to cover off the shipping.  I’m in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Postal code is K2H 5L3.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:59:50 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Free 1/48 Aircraft kits
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:00 AM »
I would offer to help my friend but I am already in trouble on that front...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:01:57 AM »
Carl,

Maybe now would be a good time to start leaving a box of chocolate at the top of the stairs to distract her in the future :) 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Alvis 3.1

• Self acknowledged "Bad Influence"…but probably less attractive than Pink
  • The high priest of whiffing
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:15:19 AM »
Generic boxing, multiple kits in each. Keeps the scan rate down.

Good luck!

Alvis 3.1

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
Good luck; I'd take 'em but I've got my own "song and dance" session coming up.  I bought a 1/72 lot of kits on eBay for what averages out as under $5/kit with shipping and that's still going to take some wheeling and dealing to get through (I'm going to emphasize the bargain price aspect).

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »
My goodness.  Is the sex really that good?  ;)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:50 AM »
Everyone organize!  Send a model kit to Carl :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 12:29:52 PM »
I like Jeff's idea.

Carl - did you point out there no peanut shells on the floor? 
Or did you pick up the habbit when in Seattle?

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »
@Everybody: What part of "free" don't you get?   :icon_ninja:

@Jeff: She has a weakness for potato chips.

@Jeff: Obviously you want me dead or severely maimed because if kits start showing up everyday, then I can guarantee that my obituary will read:

Our dearly departed Carl. Killed suddenly by suffocating under a pile of model kits over 20 feet high. A small excavator was required to locate and remove his body.

Estate sale of said kits to be held a week this Saturday. Cash only.

@Alvin: I have told her that the kits are over 50% empty space.  Natch. However I am taking my donor kits and bagging them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:12:10 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:30 AM »
Potato chips are certainly cheaper.  A shame you can not lace them with Cognac like that one brand of Mon Cherie chocolate covered cherries :)

Maybe some vodka infused potato chips might work?

A bit soggy I suppose but the work around is to use a straw :)