Author Topic: Andrew Spence' What-If Armor Models  (Read 9077 times)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Andrew Spence' What-If Armor Models
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
Andrew Spence has shared some WIP images of his Centurion armed with a 7.0" gun over on Missing Lynx.  There is much more to this than the big gun, it appears that Andrew also increased the length and width of his Centurion to come up with something that could challenge the German E-100 paper panzer. 

Click on image to view article and additional images

(image source: Missing Lynx/Andrew Spence)

Earlier WIP images of Andrew's 'Super' Centurion

Links to Andrew's other projects:
May 17 2008 - Turtle Assault Gun
December 17 2008 - Turtle Assault Gun

September 6 2008 - Matilda mk 7 or so 4 inch gun tank
March 21 2009 - Whatif American T14 Mk 2 with British 5 inch gun

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:22:14 AM by jeffryfontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Andrew Spence' What-If Armor Models
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »
Mmmmm....
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:00:46 AM »
Andrew has shared some images of his latest creation based on an M4A3 Sherman in the Constructive Comments section of Missing-Lynx forums at this link: whatif M4a3 hvss Jumbo 17pder

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Andrew Spence/)

That combination of tank and gun I think is quite appealing and makes sense to me at least. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »
Andrew has shared images of another what-if on Missing-Lynx.  This time Andrew has built an M26 Pershing armed with the 17pdr in markings for the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards.  Really nice looking and if you are not careful, you will not realize it is a 17pdr instead of the 90mm.  I missed it the first time. 

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Andrew Spence)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »
Subtle!

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 03:12:40 AM »
Andrew posted a couple of images on Missing-Lynx showing his Jumbo Sherman next to a normal Sherman.  I thought this was worth sharing so here is one of the images to pique your interest straight from his PhotoBucket album where you can see more of his remarkable work:

(Click on html or image to view Andrew's PhotoBucket album.  Image source: Andrew Spence/PhotoBucket)

Here is a link to Andrew's (armagh5) PhotoBucket album

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:35:48 AM »
Subtle!

Has me wondering what a 20pdr armed M26 or M46 would look like now. 

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
Link to Andrew's 17pder pershing folder at PhotoBucket click on thumbnail or html to view:

Link to view to all of Andrew's PhotoBucket Albums

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
He's posted his 17pdr Pershing on Armorama too --- & also his new version of a 4"gun Matilda

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=195453&page=1

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
He's posted his 17pdr Pershing on Armorama too --- & also his new version of a 4"gun Matilda

The link to Andrew's PhotoBucket page has all of his work in one location :)

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »
why is this guy not here?!!? his tanks are great!
the paper gods demand sacrifice

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »

I have sent him invitations via eMail on at least two separate occasions so I have no clue why he has not responded or joined.  It is a mystery. 

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 03:50:25 AM »
I have sent him invitations via eMail on at least two separate occasions so I have no clue why he has not responded or joined.  It is a mystery.

Mystery solved.  Apparently there was a cock-up with Andrew's eMail account.  Having now received a reply from Andrew I have been able to make him aware of our little band of rebels and hopefully we will see him visiting us very soon.  ;)

andrew2

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:42 AM »
hi jeffry and all
i registered and all works
ill post some stuff here
im building some out of the boxes believe it or not
at the moment
ill be back on the whatifs soon
regards Andrew

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 05:16:56 AM »
Hi Andrew,

Great to have you here - love your work.  Please feel free to post your real world stuff too - we also welcome that here.

Regards,

Greg

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:19 AM »
Certainly looking forward to seeing your other work as you share it with us :)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »
Welcome to the site Andrew. ;D
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.